Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat

Congratulations OP! Looking forward to your report as well as others.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Wow, "a very well made and efficiently designed handgun." All that and you've yet to handle or shoot one...…...the reason the XD-S is so cheap is because they had many issues and people don't like grip safeties....useless. They voluntarily recalled their firearm because of a dangerous situation, and made an already hard trigger pull even harder. Stay away from the kool aid...……..
    The XDS is about the same price, usually more, than it's competition (Shield, PPS M2, Kahr CM9, etc), so not sure how you figure they're "so cheap." The recall happened years ago, has long been fixed, and long forgotten by most. The grip safety is passive and most people don't care. If they did, Springfield would have been out of business a long time ago... They became popular again based on the XD, XDs, XDM, and XD Mod 2 which all have grip safeties...

I'm not sure where all the vitriol is coming from... I get that not every gun is for everybody, but you seem to be overly upset and emotionally invested over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyscratcher88 View Post
    So I went in just to “look” and walked out with a Springfield Hellcat. Pretty cool little pistol looks wise. It looks pretty solid built*. Laying it on my CM9 it is juuuust barely bigger and side by side Hellcat is noticeably thinner in slide, grip is about the same as CM9. It is amazing that 11 rounds fit in the tiny magazine and they do! Last one in is the hardest cartridge I’ve ever put in a magazine. *The frame is definitely not as stout as the Kahrs I have. It just feels flexy forward of and at trigger guard. I kinda feel guilty because that money was going towards a PM9 DLC! I’ll report how it fires soon!
    Congratulations OP... I will have one myself when the 4" version comes out.

I am looking to get one. My local dealer is selling out of them as fast as he gets them. I have never had a problem with the XD's.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    The XDS is about the same price, usually more, than it's competition (Shield, PPS M2, Kahr CM9, etc), so not sure how you figure they're "so cheap." The recall happened years ago, has long been fixed, and long forgotten by most. The grip safety is passive and most people don't care. If they did, Springfield would have been out of business a long time ago... They became popular again based on the XD, XDs, XDM, and XD Mod 2 which all have grip safeties...

I'm not sure where all the vitriol is coming from... I get that not every gun is for everybody, but you seem to be overly upset and emotionally invested over this.
    You're right, I couldn't sleep last night and my emotional investment is over the top. I'll have to go visit a shrink to get these bad thoughts out of my head...……………………………………………. I look on Armslist every day and there are tons of XD's for sale in my area, along with their 1911's. People can't get rid of them fast enough. I could get many on the cheap right now. Part of it is the grip safety, and the other is performance. Also, people don't like the grip impressions they leave on your hand after firing rounds down range. When they fixed their f up, they made the triggers worse. People I talk to hate the grip safeties. It's pretty much what keeps them from seriously looking at any XD. Did you notice what the Hellcat doesn't have????????????? I've owned a couple of Springfield's and don't care for their operation. Their 1911's are over priced, and sharp edged. The XD models are selling for the same or less than the others you mention in my area. I realize that everyone has an opinion. What bothers me is when someone comes on and says the firearm is the best thing since sliced bread, but in the next sentence says that they've never handled or fired one. You want to jump on the kool aid cart, go for it. Let me know which flavor you like. Let me know when they actually do something different that no one else has already done. Personally I hope that more people jump on the bandwagon, to be test dummies, the same as with the new Sig. Makes things easier for others. Keeps the firearm industry going. You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting thirsty...……………………..

The more I experience little plastic guns, the more I appreciate metal ones. But to each his own.

It looks like a really nice pistol. I’m invested in the 365 so I probably won’t pick one up anytime soon but I’d love to handle one and shoot it.

Good luck with yours.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    You're right, I couldn't sleep last night and my emotional investment is over the top. I'll have to go visit a shrink to get these bad thoughts out of my head...……………………………………………. I look on Armslist every day and there are tons of XD's for sale in my area, along with their 1911's. People can't get rid of them fast enough. I could get many on the cheap right now. Part of it is the grip safety, and the other is performance. Also, people don't like the grip impressions they leave on your hand after firing rounds down range. When they fixed their f up, they made the triggers worse. People I talk to hate the grip safeties. It's pretty much what keeps them from seriously looking at any XD. Did you notice what the Hellcat doesn't have????????????? I've owned a couple of Springfield's and don't care for their operation. Their 1911's are over priced, and sharp edged. The XD models are selling for the same or less than the others you mention in my area. I realize that everyone has an opinion. What bothers me is when someone comes on and says the firearm is the best thing since sliced bread, but in the next sentence says that they've never handled or fired one. You want to jump on the kool aid cart, go for it. Let me know which flavor you like. Let me know when they actually do something different that no one else has already done. Personally I hope that more people jump on the bandwagon, to be test dummies, the same as with the new Sig. Makes things easier for others. Keeps the firearm industry going. You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting thirsty...……………………..
    Hard to read with no paragraphs. The XDs is selling at the same price or more new, for about the same as their competition used, so you're wrong again. Second, many people don't care about the grip safety and others purchase XD's for that feature. Years ago, I purchased mine for that feature. Nowadays, I really don't care if the feature exist or not, but I've personally heard some people who AIWB purchased an XD because they felt it minimized the chance of a ND even more.

Next, the XD line is very popular, and their forums are pretty busy.. Other than that, I'm a member of about every major gun forum and manufacturer specific gun forum, their 1911 are well respected, and are actually priced competitively compared to other 1911s on the market... I believe Springfield's 1911 frames are forged steel whereas other 1911s on the market are cast, but are priced around the same or more. I can't say that over the years I've seen anyone talking as bad about them as you are.

Last, Springfield sells approx over 700 THOUSAND pistols a year (70k+ of which the are 1911s) excluding their rifles which is pretty odd being that you basically eluded to their products not being popular, not selling well, and people not wanting a gun with a grip safety... They're one of the top 10 selling firearm companies in the U.S.

I get that you don't like them, but I'm not understanding and it's make zero sense to me why you are getting so worked up, upset, and rude over someone else's opinion. All the man said was that the Hellcat was "apparently a very well-made and efficiently designed handgun". The man watch the videos, read the reviews (including the OP's), seen the specs, and stated that the gun seemed like a well designed and well-made pistol, and that seemed to trigger you for whatever reason. He never said it was the "best thing since sliced bread"; that's just what you heard. It's really not that serious. You're getting so upset over something so small and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by MERRIAM-WEBSTER
    apparently

: it seems apparent —used to describe something that appears to be true based on what is known
    Last edited by 187911; 11-17-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I am looking to get one. My local dealer is selling out of them as fast as he gets them. I have never had a problem with the XD's.
    Jeepster, Arnzen Arms just up the road from you has had a number of them on the floor and currently one in stock listed at $522.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Hard to read with no paragraphs. The XDs is selling at the same price or more new, for about the same as their competition used, so you're wrong again. Second, many people don't care about the grip safety and others purchase XD's for that feature. Years ago, I purchased mine for that feature. Nowadays, I really don't care if the feature exist or not, but I've personally heard some people who AIWB purchased an XD because they felt it minimized the chance of a ND even more.

Next, the XD line is very popular, and their forums are pretty busy.. Other than that, I'm a member of about every major gun forum and manufacturer specific gun forum, and their 1911 are well respected, and are actually priced competitively compared to other 1911s on the market... I believe Springfield's 1911 frames are forged steel whereas other 1911s on the market are cast, but are priced around the same or more. I can't say that over the years I've seen anyone talking as bad about them as you are.

Last, Springfield sells approx over 700 THOUSAND pistols a year (70k+ of which the are 1911s) excluding their rifles which is pretty odd being that you basically eluded to their products not being popular, not selling well, and people not wanting a gun with a grip safety... They're one of the top 10 selling firearm companies in the U.S.

I get that you don't like them, but I'm not understanding and it's make zero sense to me why you are getting so worked up, upset, and rude over someone else's opinion. All the man said was that the Hellcat was "apparently a very well-made and efficiently designed handgun". The man watch the videos, read the reviews (including the OP's), seen the specs, and stated that the gun seemed like a well designed and well-made pistol, and that seemed to trigger you for whatever reason. He never said it was the "best thing since sliced bread"; that's just what you heard. It's really not that serious. You're getting so upset over something so small and silly.
    For someone who's accusing me of being all worked up and upset, you sure are investing a lot of time worrying about my state of mind. I stand by my statements and opinions. Your apparent reading difficulties are not my concern. Also, apparently, you've never seen "upset" and "so worked up." Maybe where you reside, it's the way you describe. Not so here in my area, so telling me I'm wrong just makes you look ignorant. Springfield also sells rifles which accounts for lot's of profits. They should stick to rifles. They do a good job with those. Take a breath, save your sales pitch for someone who cares. My comments come from ownership, not reading or believing what a forum says. I come to this forum pretty exclusively. I see that you like to go to many, many forums and drink everyone else's kool aid, especially a Springfield forum of some sort. Gee, what do you expect them to say????????? If you like your Springfield, you can keep it...………………………………………………....