Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Anyone tried the threaded 4.5" barrel on the S9 or CW9?

Question Anyone tried the threaded 4.5" barrel on the S9 or CW9?

Anyone tried the threaded 4.5" barrel on the S9 or CW9, and consider it worth the $160 price?

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/gu...l-thbrl9tp.asp

What is attracting me to the idea is:

1. Ability to mount a suppressor
    2. Upgraded quality polygonal rifling for hopefully a bit added pressure and accuracy
    3. Just under an extra inch of barrel should produce some extra velocity on Xtreme Defender 65gr that likes long barrels

I got a good deal on a used 4.5" threaded barrel. Works fine on my CW9. Did not care about using a suppressor and, at least in my hands, I did not expect an increase in accuracy. I wanted the extra velocity.
    The extra barrel length did not affect concealment or comfort.
    If your holster is tapered at the bottom, the barrel nut will either not fit through the opening or will rub. One holster(Kydex) I left the nut off. The other holster(leather) stopped rubbing with the nut on after multiple drawings.

Thank you, that particular thread protector does seem a little on the thick side.

They also have a 4" ported option as well, but from what I can see no unported/unthreaded longer barrel.

FYI if ypur still interested Kahr website had them at half off Like 85 dollars. Good deal