Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Design a Kahr

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleHead View Post
    I'd love to see Kahr make a metal-framed micro gun, something comparable to the LW Seecamp, but design it so it can take ball ammo. A classy little mouse gun for the most discreet of concealed carry ladies and gentlemen.
    That would be a nice addition to the lineup.

I'd like to see a K/T40 stretched a little bit to create a 10mm version. Talk about a perfect packin' pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I'd like to see a K/T40 stretched a little bit to create a 10mm version. Talk about a perfect packin' pistol!
    Hmmm. Either the slide would need to be made a *lot* more massive, and/or the recoil spring would need to be made much, much stronger! Correct?

And we also would be talking about 10mm Auto fired from an approximate 4"/4.5" barrel (if the K/T40 were to be stretched a little bit), correct? Wouldn't this make for an extremely "snappy" pistol?

ETA: Of course, there is already the Glock 29 (which has a 3.78" barrel), which some people think a lot of, so ...

rx7sig

Yeah, I was thinking of this gun because there is a Glock 29. I know that there would need to be either significant beefing up done or a lot of metallurgical study undertaken to make sure it's feasible and safe, but a compact, steel-framed 10mm that can handle Underwood or Buffalo Bore ammo would be a handy thing to have. I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm, and granted it's a heavier firearm but it's not uncontrollable. I was just thinking for a gun that would be carried a lot and shot a little, a Kahr would make a great woods gun. I'd love it for a hiking gun. I bought my Rock for that purpose; the wilderness area where I do some fishing has a decent population of moose. I have surprised momma and baby moose when fishing, and although I had a 44 Mag with me for that reason the 44 is a pretty gun--case hardened etc and I don't feel right about carrying it in the woods any more, thus the 10mm.

I doubt that Kahr would ever head down that road though. They're not making anything in 357 SIG, probably for the same reason and it would be a lot easier to adapt an existing platform to that cartridge than a 10mm. It is more of a hope, wish and dream of mine.

I like options and I think, in general, all gun companies would do well to offer more choice of features to the customer. If I was "designing a Kahr" I'd simply offer more options to the current line up, produce a 1911 version, double stack, and for goodness sakes, bring about metal magazine plates that fit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    I agree that Kahr needs to offer an easier to rack CM/PM 9 for people that have a tough time racking the slide for whatever reason.

Checking with the local shops here, this seems to be the main reason folks tend to steer away from Kahr.

Kahr already sells Lakeline parts in the Kahr Shop, so I see no reason they couldn't offer a CM9 "EZ" with this Lakeline back plate already installed. Zero investment on their part...

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/kahr-9mm-charging-handle/
    Looks like Kahr has listened to your suggestion.

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/ka...arging-handle/