Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Design a Kahr

I think an easier to rack PM/CM9 would attract some attention. S&W hit it out of the park with their Shield EZ but it is a bit too big for carry for a lot of females. Sig's P365 is close but for those with arthritis that small slide can be a bear.
    That said, NDZ makes some slide racker plates and they appear to be quite effective. They also make some parts for Kahrs, just not like this.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I agree that Kahr needs to offer an easier to rack CM/PM 9 for people that have a tough time racking the slide for whatever reason.

Checking with the local shops here, this seems to be the main reason folks tend to steer away from Kahr.

Kahr already sells Lakeline parts in the Kahr Shop, so I see no reason they couldn't offer a CM9 "EZ" with this Lakeline back plate already installed. Zero investment on their part...

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/kahr-9mm-charging-handle/

Cool It's good to be Elite

MK45 Elite please

My MK40 needs a big brother

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    MK45 Elite please

My MK40 needs a big brother
    That would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Interesting. I just five minutes ago wrote something of the same spirit on DefensiveCarry dot com. You looked on my paper, cheater!
    I've been thinking some more about this thread. Some ideas I have pertaining to "improving" the K9/K40/T9/T40 are:

1. Redesign the lower to have full-length slide rails (like the Sig P229/M11-A1). This should make an already accurate pistol even more accurate, no? Surely, the change to the CNC program would be straightforward.

2. Make available an OEM threaded barrel.

3. Offer a left-handed version for us southpaws--to aid both one-handed chambering from slide lock, and close-retention shooting.

That's all I can think of.

What do you think?

rx7sig

Good things to add. I think #2 would be unique.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post

@IDisposable,

The description on your link reads: "Factory Kahr Arms Barrel, 9mm, extended &amp threaded in 1/2-28, includes thread protector. Match-grade barrel has a threaded muzzle to enable mounting of a compensator or suppressor. Fits Kahr TP/CT9/CW/P/S/ST9 only. Thread-1/2-28 Thread Length-.445 Barrel Length-4.5 inches Polygonal Riffling May Require Minor Fitting." My emphasis. So, it will not fit a K9/K40/T9/T40.

I did a search a while ago and found a post on a different forum that suggested buying a T9 barrel for the K9 and then having it threaded. I scrutinized several photos of K9 and T9 barrels and concluded this isn't likely to work. I suppose I could call Kahr Inc about this ...

rx7sig

Mea culpa, I didn't catch the model restrictions. You are right, the need a K-sized version too.

I'd love to see Kahr make a metal-framed micro gun, something comparable to the LW Seecamp, but design it so it can take ball ammo. A classy little mouse gun for the most discreet of concealed carry ladies and gentlemen.