Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bawanna retirement get together.

It's a shame it wasn't warmer in that barn, all the girls (well most of them) were wearing iron. All the woman there were wifes so it wasn't just cops packing heat. All the guns had stories and/or sentimental value of some sort. They set it up as either cowboy or camo. I think the cold kind of negated that as everybody kept their coats on. Still good and even Hank the pig had a good time.
    The cool thing is my first chief who was the absolute best came all the way from Idaho for the get together, the interim Chief who liked equally well drove for over 3 hours for it. I was debating going myself till I heard my first chief was coming and then I knew I had to go.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Joe,

Congratulations on the retirement! I have another 10 or so to go.

I am still carrying my MK9 Elite with your second set of Rosewood grips!

Warmest Regards and best wishes for you and your family.

Quikduk

Congrats again Bawanna, that was a mighty fine looking send off party.
    My Wife was able to retire at the ripe old age of 52. My lady ran the County Tax office (car tags/titles) and it was a very high pressure job. I know she is way better off with the job in the rearview mirror...
    That said, I don't know how she gets everything done today, the "retirement world" keeps her very, very busy.
    Do be ready for the ride sir, hang on to your hat and don't forget to grin!
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

So far it's not picnic for sure. Dealing with my aging mother and rehab and nursing home and mostly sisters telling me what to do. Asked my mom today to remove me and have the 2nd Executioner (my sister) take over and leave me out.
    She said no way, if the sisters (I have 2) give me a hard time disinherit both of them and keep everything yourself. Not that there's much to keep, her words not mine.
    I did get three guns out of her safe today and a note she wrote that said any guns she has are to be mine and the safe they are in too, so pretty good day.
    Told her my dream was still for her to outlive me and save me from all this headache but I don't think that's gonna happen. At least I'm retired, I'd never have time for all this if I had to work, so guess it works out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Great pictures and thanks so much for all your service.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Dealing with parents is never an easy thing to do. I've done it 4 times, both mine and the wifes. Luckily, I had no siblings, but had to deal with the wifey's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    So far it's not picnic for sure. Dealing with my aging mother and rehab and nursing home and mostly sisters telling me what to do. Asked my mom today to remove me and have the 2nd Executioner (my sister) take over and leave me out.
    She said no way, if the sisters (I have 2) give me a hard time disinherit both of them and keep everything yourself. Not that there's much to keep, her words not mine.
    I did get three guns out of her safe today and a note she wrote that said any guns she has are to be mine and the safe they are in too, so pretty good day.
    Told her my dream was still for her to outlive me and save me from all this headache but I don't think that's gonna happen. At least I'm retired, I'd never have time for all this if I had to work, so guess it works out.
    Your mom sounds like someone I’d like.

Here’s a odd but funny story (funny from my weird families point of view anyway.) My mom said she is going to get “Do Not Resuscitate” tattooed on her chest. My dad went into cardiac arrest and after 35 minutes cpr they got his heart beating again. She asked after so long with no heartbeat why did they do that? If Dad knew what they did he’d be really ticked off and if he ended up in a nursing home he’d make sure everyone regretted it. Dad never woke up again and passed 11 LONG days and nights later. That was when mom said she was going the tattoo route just to avoid any confusion.

Now it’s me working with mom on life stuff too since I’m the eldest, live closest, and the one that would agree to do what she wants and not what I want. Just one of those things we have to do I guess.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yeah, moms a tough one. She's still hoping to go home at least for a few days but it just isn't going to happen.
    It's kind of tough as it's mostly her memory and now she can't see very well. So she can't do much. I'm hoping that they get her a little more mobile and with other people around all the time she'll do something enjoyable for her.
    My next youngest sister lives pretty close, minutes away, I'm about an hour and driving from a nice rural human area into a snarled traffic nightmare full of California transplants most of whom apparently don't know how to drive or act human. So each trip takes a few months off my longevity.
    My aunts have been visiting also, I'm mostly focused on not letting her think we've abandoned her.
    Something that has to be done.
    I've spent 4 hours this morning sorting through paperwork I retrieved from her safe yesterday, everything leads me to believe she hasn't opened the safe since 2007.
    Was hoping to find the original will, some papers indicating her wishes and the title to her Toyota Rav that my wife and I are buying because she wanted us to. We live on a nasty hill and it's bad in the winter. Course she said she'd take 400 dollars for it. I told her we were paying 5000 which is slightly less than dealer trade in price. Mostly to keep my sisters at bay. My wife didnt even want to do that to avoid conflict. Can't be avoided.
    Oh well it's a great life if you don't weaken.

I been thinking about a tattoo myself but I'm skeered of needles. I was gonna put the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria all on my chest sinking but heck that's a lot of needle pokes and ink ya know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Hang in there Bud. It’s hard but You’ll get it done.

Went through all that with my Dad, FIL, and MIL.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Congrats on retirement. I've got 36 years in and it looks like I will hit 40 and then out.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up