Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bawanna retirement get together.

Default bawanna retirement get together.

A Sgt buddy at work took a bunch of pictues at a little send off get together Saturday, thought I'd share them. It was BBQ gun themed, it was a might chilly in another Sgts barn so lots of jackets but a great time and lots of wife hugging.
    Came home with a lifetime supply of "Good" Scotch and Whiskey and the department gave me my armorers Glock 21. Had it a long time at my desk so kind of special to me.
    Hope this link works.
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...NRUTU0MnlkTl93
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hank the pig was a big hit, just wandered around. Had a big Rotty friendly as could be also, known him since he was a pup. Gets along find with the pig except for vittles, then the fight is on.
    Kids loved them. That was the other half of the theme, BBQ guns and kids.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, even Jocko's wife showed up (3rd to last picture)! Looks like a fun time!

That was his mistress, not his wife.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Congrats again Joe, looked like a great time for all...how are you holding up?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

It was a nice thing for them to do. Where was the 1911?????????? A buddy of mine had a pig that looked just like Hank. His name was Morty. Lived to be a ripe old age. Lived out in the barn also. He loved any kind of corn chip. I used to bring him apples and potatoes. Loved to get belly rubs and ear scratches. I used to watch him fling cats in the air with his nose when they tried to test his food. If he had a good pile, he would share, but when the scraps got low, he'd commence to flinging. The dogs were even smart enough to stay away. He was always good with kids. I see that they keep Hanks tusks in check. When it was tusk trimming time at my friends house, all hell usually broke loose. They hate you screwing around with anything. We gave Morty old sweaters and coats and blankets to use for his bed in the winter. He had some fine digs. I see the only smart one in the group was carrying her SP101 Your inserts??????????

What a great thing to do for you Colonel! Hard to keep a dry eye I'll bet. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That was his mistress, not his wife.
    Oh crap, don't tell his wife! That would be baaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Congrats again Joe, looked like a great time for all...how are you holding up?
    Still a strange place this retirement. I had a week or so and then my mom had major issues. Hospital, now rehab and then nursing home so I've been running trying to sort that all out and visit her and stuff. Retired just in time as I wouldn't have time for it before. Hopefully get her squared away and I can start looking for myself again.
    She's about an hour away in a crazy growth city so it's traumatic just getting there. I grew up there when it was rural, now it's like downtown Seattle.
    Taking a break today, mental health day and get back at it tomorrow I guess. "or not".
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Congratulations, Joe! I'm so happy for you. I enjoyed your pictures, too.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".