Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modified CT380 Project

I was thinking about using this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A031COU...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    to etch the smoothed sanded areas on the frame before having it cerakoted. I saw a video of someone using it and the results look good. The liner coatings actual look like an excellent idea also. It would be ok to apply the liner coating and then cerakote/durokote?

I think you can cerakote anything so yeah it probably would work if you wanted some other color than black.

The black in Whataliner is pretty nice looking to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    While they are essentially the same height and length. When you factor in the width it makes a huge difference .75" vs 1.01". It doesn't seem like much but if you took a CM45 and sliced off 25% of it you be surprised how much it is. When you factor in a kydex holster my CT380 still falls under a inch in width.

In post #1, you stated "Used grip panels from a Kimber Micro .380 (sanded down from .21" to .15").

0.75" + 0.15" + 0.15" = 1.05"

The actual grip width of a Kahr 380 is about 0.78", so adding 0.15" and 0.15" would probably be about 1.08".

Quote Originally Posted by Linthead View Post
    In post #1, you stated "Used grip panels from a Kimber Micro .380 (sanded down from .21" to .15").

0.75" + 0.15" + 0.15" = 1.05"

The actual grip width of a Kahr 380 is about 0.78", so adding 0.15" and 0.15" would probably be about 1.08".
    I am referencing the width of the slide not overall width. Concealing a .75" slide vs a 1.05" below the belt is much easier/comfortable and the grip panels are above the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    While they are essentially the same height and length. When you factor in the width it makes a huge difference .75" vs 1.01". It doesn't seem like much but if you took a CM45 and sliced off 25% of it you be surprised how much it is. When you factor in a kydex holster my CT380 still falls under a inch in width.
    That’s one very important thing I like about my CT380..... the thinness. Plus adding the Magguts kits will make it an 8+1 little spitfire.
    I like my CW45, but consider it too bulky for my personal tastes. My CW9 size is about the limit for concealed carry, personally.

Carrying a full size double stack Glock to me would be about like trying to conceal a refrigerator.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling