Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Galloway CM9 trigger may be on the horizon

Default Galloway CM9 trigger may be on the horizon

The following is meant as merely an FYI, not an endorsement since at the moment there's nothing to endorse:
    I've been communicating with the good folks at Galloway Precision regarding the possibility of a short stroke trigger for the CM9.
    They tell me they will be doing the install video this weekend and that the initial offering is 2-3 weeks out.
    I'm very interested...looking forward to seeing what they have been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    The following is meant as merely an FYI, not an endorsement since at the moment there's nothing to endorse:
    I've been communicating with the good folks at Galloway Precision regarding the possibility of a short stroke trigger for the CM9.
    They tell me they will be doing the install video this weekend and that the initial offering is 2-3 weeks out.
    I'm very interested...looking forward to seeing what they have been able to do.

I will watch this post with interest as I am a fan of Galloway’s products. When my brother finally stopped carrying his NAA mini revolver in .22 mag and stepped up to the RM380 loaded with the mighty .380 acp round, I picked one up to play with.
    The brown VZ grips were a Christmas gift from me, but his gun is otherwise bone stock.
    Mine has everything Galloway had for the little Remington and I like the change. The laser might have been a bit over the top though.
    I have also installed a Galloway “Sweet Pea” tigger in a friends Ruger LCP and his runs nice.

I’m not sure I would change out the trigger in my (new to me) PM9, I like a stock Kahr trigger a lot, but I will keep an open mind to the ideal.
    I’ll also keep an eye on the Galloway website to watch for developments.

Thanks for the heads up and have a good one.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

UPDATE:
    I checked the Galloway Precision website this morning. They are offering a new product for Kahr pistols.
    A flat face trigger with an adjustable set screw to limit over travel. An installation video is also up on the website. They are expecting to be offering a replacement sear shortly after the first of the year which should complete their “ short stroke” offering for my CM9. Anxious to give it a good look, do the install and wring it out on the range.
    Disclaimer: I have no connection to Galloway. Just putting this out as an update on an option that is available.

Thanks for the update.

It’s not very confidence inspiring that the short stroke sear they designed doesn’t work.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

The Kahr trigger is perfection for EDC IMO. I like Gallaway products for other guns, like recoil springs etc. But absolutely would not want to change the Kahr. I think Kahr knows they have a good one and got it right the first time.

I'm going to give it a look...just put my order in for one.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>