Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New family members from my mom.

Default New family members from my mom.

A few new toys my mom wanted me to have, she's headed to assisted living so they came to me.
    In getting them out of the safe I found that I actually purchased them back in the 80's, didn't recall that so guess they are actually coming back home.

First a little Chiefs Special Model 36 snubby. Really clean probably don't have 50 rounds through it.

Then a Stainless Walther PPK, also in really good shape, at one time there was a German Blued one but not sure where or when that left, might have been her friends.

Lastly a Stainless Ruger 22 Convertible with the 22 mag cylinder.

Group shot

And just cause I was wearing it, this is what the well dressed man of leisure wears around the house, actually wore it working the wood pile for a bit too.

Doesn't fit in my pocket but sure feels nice on the hip.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A nice group...…...……………..I noticed that the trigger on that PPK looks awfully far back. Supposed to be???????????? Never noticed that before...……………..is it because the safety is on???????????

Good taste runs in your family, I see.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Wow! Thanks Mom! Very nice pistols there! I’d be proud to own any one of them!!! I had a model 36 once. Apparently some had alloy cylinders, while others had steel? Mine was alloy. I read that they wouldn’t take modern loads. That scared me, so I actually never shot it. Not quite as nice as yours, but not far off. I’ve always loved those little .38’s S&W made, every since shooting a friend’s dad’s model 37. I’m hoping I can find one (37, or 36 with the steel cylinder) at a “no way I can pass it up” price some day. Would be cool to jacket pocket one in cooler weather! Again, nice guns!

The 37 is basically a lightweight 36, had a friend that had one, he wouldn't part with it.
    This one has a steel cylinder, hadn't heard of the alloy ones, so I got lucky there.

It's a neat little gun they were of course quite the rage back in the Barney Miller days, if you ask who Barney Miller is I'm gonna go hang myself.

I'll go look at that PPK, I think it is because the safety is on but I'm not sure. Took me a minute to remember how to take the thing apart. I was happy all were pristine, some of the oil was getting a tad tacky but nothing serious, cleaned up and reoiled and like new.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    A nice group...…...……………..I noticed that the trigger on that PPK looks awfully far back. Supposed to be???????????? Never noticed that before...……………..is it because the safety is on???????????
    They do that if you decocked when putting the safety on.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yup, exactly right.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Oh no, Bawanna now owns a .380 LOL, just kidding. Nice additions.

Hey, at least it’s a beautiful metal gun and not a polymer pocket pistol. But on the other hand that now makes you the next James Bond. Coolest guy in the neighborhood.

I just acquired dads 1990’s version Sig P245 and P239. From what I read you can’t get P239 mags any more. Guess I better preserve the 2 that came with it. Haven’t shot them yet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    A few new toys my mom wanted me to have, she's headed to assisted living so they came to me.
    In getting them out of the safe I found that I actually purchased them back in the 80's, didn't recall that so guess they are actually coming back home.

First a little Chiefs Special Model 36 snubby. Really clean probably don't have 50 rounds through it.

Then a Stainless Walther PPK, also in really good shape, at one time there was a German Blued one but not sure where or when that left, might have been her friends.

Lastly a Stainless Ruger 22 Convertible with the 22 mag cylinder.

Group shot

And just cause I was wearing it, this is what the well dressed man of leisure wears around the house, actually wore it working the wood pile for a bit too.

Doesn't fit in my pocket but sure feels nice on the hip.
    Beautiful. Are you going to have a lock installed in the Mod 36? I have some spare keys if you need one or two.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'm thinking NOT pretty much. But appreciate the offer.

Bawanna. Joe Bawanna. Don't slide off the tongue like Bond, James Bond.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan