Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Sights

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    ...That said, working with my PM9 today I had forgot about that really long that trigger stroke. Anything that can be done to shorten it up a bit?
    I think it was Galloway Precision that was coming out with something but I’m not sure. It’s posted around here somewhere. Of course memory may be failing me too.....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I have those sights (the Meprolight "bullseye" sight) on an M&P 9. I found that they work ok, but I haven't shot a LOT with it; it might get easier with practice. Plus, the M&P is challenging to shoot accurately to begin with. Since the sights don't stick up above the slide much (none at all on the Sig), more of the target is blocked. In a SD situation that's probably not a factor. They are tritium sights, so they'll work at night just fine.

I also hadn't thought about what Bawanna said, about using one eye for the sight, the other for the target. I'm not sure my eyes are capable of doing that. But with a cataract in my dominant eye, most of my shooting has been kind of lame, lately. I go in next Wednesday for a new lens, then I'll be able to aim a rifle again.

Edit, now I see what Bawana meant - with your non-dominant eye you can catch the target in your peripheral vision since the pistol's slide blocks a lot of the view.
    One caveat, with the Meprolight sights the angle of viewing is narrow. In other words, if it's very dark and you're holding the gun at the wrong angle (easy to do in the dark, and if you're under pressure, and your hands aren't so familiar with the gun), you won't see the sight at all. You end up drawing circles with the muzzle till you sight comes into view. At least with three-dot night sights you'll see three dots from a wide viewing angle.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Something to ponder????????
    That Picture is actually a very good point. I shot the Sig 365. Not much, 200 rds along with 4 others that shot 200 rds. The only thing I can say, is that after shooting it, I went out and bought another CM9. Now one for range and one for carry. Eventually want a PM9 which should be the last of carry guns, I want for the future. I pondered over what I prefer as a carry gun many times before making my decision. Shot most the the small 9mm's out there. (I belong to a club with a few members of common interest like Micro 9's and we have days where we will share a gun for personal knowledge and likes and dislikes).
    Size matters and even more so IMO weight. And nothing beats the Kahr that I have seen so far or shot so far thatis better than the Kahr for EDC. Yes, even ounces matter. But the new gun culture of more is better seems to have a big thirst. Even when buying a light weight, gun that shoots very well for self defense ,it is not enough. Add more weight to the gun by a few ounces, more rounds which means more weight and them add even more with a extension. It seems we no longer just need to carry a nice EDC weapon, spend time in diligent training, but we are now unarmed if we do not have even more rounds than 6 plus 1. Where does it stop? That P365 10 plus one (or eleven, I forget) but add a extension to increase that. Why? I guess there are reasons, I just fail to see the need. Maybe if you live near the border and face Drug Cartels on a daily basis etc.
    Distance? How far out do you really need to go? Seems the new attacks of citizens is now much further out, firearms for gunfights at 20 plus yards is now needed for the EDC. Triggers? My gosh, I love the Kahr stock trigger. One reason that attracted me to it and guess what? I shoot that Trigger just fine. I would pay to get a trigger like the Kahr, not pay more to reduce the travel. For myself, there is no need for this. It is a EDC firearm that shoots great at the distances I feel are practical self defense distances. I have never wanted one for a target gun.
    I know I will take a beating for my post. Most like be called a uniformed fool, or Fudd, or whatever. Heck, what do I know? I do not even own a AR for home defense.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I know I will take a beating for my post. Most like be called a uniformed fool, or Fudd, or whatever. Heck, what do I know? I do not even own a AR for home defense.
    Not hardly, I totally agree.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

One of my EDC firearms only holds 5...……...……………….I'm good with that. IMHO, five .357's are better than ten .380's any day.

My favorites EDC is a Glock 17 with 33 round magazine. With a couple of spares I have 100 rounds. That’s better than 11 or 7 or 5.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    My favorites EDC is a Glock 17 with 33 round magazine. With a couple of spares I have 100 rounds. That’s better than 11 or 7 or 5.
    Pray and spray??????????

It's been my experience that capacity has little to do with marksmanship.
    Capacity might matter in regards to "pray and spray", as you are likely to know much sooner with 5 (rather than 33) if your prayers are answered.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Who needs marksmanship? Simply the sight of my Glock with a big old magazine will scare them off. It’s a proven fact - just like racking a shotgun.

Now, in full disclosure I don’t own any Glocks.

Right now I carry my 365 instead of my CM9 because I shoot it better. By better I mean point and shoot three rounds at 6 yards. Faster and tighter with the 365. The extra capacity is just a bonus.

Days when I need something even smaller I’m perfectly happy with my CT380.