Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sights

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Greg, do you feel the flat trigger to be a worthy investment into your P365? Noticeable enough that you would do it all over again?
    I do feel it was a worthy investment, but that is because while I was installing it I did some polishing of parts that I might not have done otherwise. While my 365's trigger was alright before, the polishing completely smoothed it out. Beyond that, it is more comfortable (and easier) to use the bottom portion of the flat trigger as compared to the curved trigger.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I do feel it was a worthy investment, but that is because while I was installing it I did some polishing of parts that I might not have done otherwise. While my 365's trigger was alright before, the polishing completely smoothed it out. Beyond that, it is more comfortable (and easier) to use the bottom portion of the flat trigger as compared to the curved trigger.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks! Looks like I will be ordering one then. : )

I have those sights (the Meprolight "bullseye" sight) on an M&P 9. I found that they work ok, but I haven't shot a LOT with it; it might get easier with practice. Plus, the M&P is challenging to shoot accurately to begin with. Since the sights don't stick up above the slide much (none at all on the Sig), more of the target is blocked. In a SD situation that's probably not a factor. They are tritium sights, so they'll work at night just fine.

I also hadn't thought about what Bawanna said, about using one eye for the sight, the other for the target. I'm not sure my eyes are capable of doing that. But with a cataract in my dominant eye, most of my shooting has been kind of lame, lately. I go in next Wednesday for a new lens, then I'll be able to aim a rifle again.

Edit, now I see what Bawana meant - with your non-dominant eye you can catch the target in your peripheral vision since the pistol's slide blocks a lot of the view.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I have those sights (the Meprolight "bullseye" sight) on an M&P 9. I found that they work ok, but I haven't shot a LOT with it; it might get easier with practice. Plus, the M&P is challenging to shoot accurately to begin with. Since the sights don't stick up above the slide much (none at all on the Sig), more of the target is blocked. In a SD situation that's probably not a factor. They are tritium sights, so they'll work at night just fine.

I also hadn't thought about what Bawanna said, about using one eye for the sight, the other for the target. I'm not sure my eyes are capable of doing that. But with a cataract in my dominant eye, most of my shooting has been kind of lame, lately. I go in next Wednesday for a new lens, then I'll be able to aim a rifle again.

Edit, now I see what Bawana meant - with your non-dominant eye you can catch the target in your peripheral vision since the pistol's slide blocks a lot of the view.
    I sold my M&P for that reason. I just couldn't cozy up to it. Was always difficult to shoot accurately. With me, I think it was the trigger.

I like the M&P quite a bit, and put in the whole menagerie of Apex parts except the barrel, and the trigger is greatly improved. From what I gather, the Apex gunsmith-fit barrel improves accuracy a lot. Why S&W didn't bother to do these improvements themselves, I'll never know. I guess they figured sales figures showed it was "good enough" as-is. OTOH, Glock has a ton of aftermarket "improvements" too.

I picked up my gift dept gun yesterday and looked at the Sig again. The usual guy was there who I have a little more confidence in his opinion and he really wasn't a fan of the gun or the sights. The sights at least on this one were not tritium so once again they did disappear in low light.
    Perhaps there is a tritium version out there that might work better.
    No matter all my marbles are going towards the Sig P210 Target. Guess it's a full blown mission now.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

FWIW, XS Sights' Big Dot, Standard Dot, and F8 night sights are now available for the P365: https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13224

Congrats on getting that Glock home Colonel!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Greg, do you feel the flat trigger to be a worthy investment into your P365? Noticeable enough that you would do it all over again?
    To stay on topic, the SAS slide is now available as a stock item from Sig. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...-assembly.html

I will add my 2¢ to the Sig flat trigger. I tend to train like I am always in a gunfight. Knowing that would result in the trigger being inevitably pulled using the first joint on my trigger finger which resulted in a slightly right of center hit. The addition of a Sig flat trigger pretty much eliminated that issue for me. I have yet to add it to my second P365 but that will be soon.

http://
    http://
    Last edited by 340pd; 12-05-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

The 365 I held had that slide on it. Nice of Sig to offer it for those wanting to try it.

Reminds me of Desert Eagle coming out with 357, then the 44, everybody wanted a 44 so they bought them, then after a bit they offered a 44 Slide and on and on. Brilliant marketing, made a lot of extra money doing that.

Doubt this will be nearly that big but it's nice of them to offer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html

I got a chance to fondle a Sig 365 with them new SAS sights. No front sight and the rear is laid into the slide so it's flush.
    In a nutshell I was actually pretty impressed, I didn't think it would fly for me but it took off and worked.
    Only down fall is it pretty much disappears in very low light, but I don't go out much in the dark and carry a flashlight when I do so I suspect it would work ok.

It completely relies on having two eyes, dominate eye on the dot in the circle and non dominant on the target. Where they overlap is where you hit.

The Sig itself doesn't totally sing for me although it wasn't bad. If I ever run across a Hellcat I'd like to hold one of those. I think they make this sight for Kahrs, but don't recall which models. Might be a plan there somewhere too.

Right now I'm focusing all my marbles on a Sig P210 Target, its' been on the list for a long time and this keep up with Greg stuff is a full time and costly mission. Maybe I should start one of them thar go fund me dealy hymers?
    B:
    I had to send my 365sas back to the factory because the recessed Meprolight FT bullseye sight did not glow in the dark. The one I got back was very visible in the dark, although not quite as bright as the X-ray3 sights on my standard 365. Apparently SIG got a bad batch from Meprolight.
    That said, the sas sight takes some getting used to, the green dot centered in a green circle is different enough to be confusing to an old guy with progressive glasses and astigmatism on top of that. After four range trips I'm getting a fist sized grouping at 10 yds. I hope to continue getting better with more familiarity.
    -steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine