Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: December Dandy's

Lmaoarotf!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Airman Jones was assigned to the induction center, where he advised new recruits about their government benefits, especially their GI insurance.
    It wasn't long before Captain Smith noticed that Airman Jones was having a staggeringly high success-rate, selling insurance to nearly 100% of the recruits he advised.
    Rather than ask about this, the Captain stood in the back of the room and listened to Jones' sales pitch. Jones explained the basics of the GI Insurance to the new recruits, and then said: "If you have GI Insurance and go into battle and are killed, the government has to pay $200,000 to your beneficiaries. If you don't have GI insurance, and you go into battle and get killed, the government only has to pay a maximum of $6000.
    Now," he concluded, "which group do you think they are going to send into battle first?"
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Pastor & His Donkey

A pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won. The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the next race, and it won again.

The local newspaper read: PASTOR’S ASS OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day, the local newspaper headline read: BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR’S ASS.

This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey. The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day: NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.

The Bishop fainted. He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the paper read: NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10.

This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read: NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.

The Bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is:

Being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery and even shorten your life. So be yourself and enjoy life. You’ll be a lot happier and live longer!

And ride motorcycles not donkeys.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Good deed done yesterday....

At the Costco's check out I was behind an old lady in line. Her bill came to $65.83 but when she counted out all of her change she only had just under $10. I thought she was probably someone’s Granny. I’d like to think someone would have helped my Granny out when she was alive just before Christmas. She didn’t want me to help her but I was determined to help her out and in no time at all we had all her groceries back on the shelves.
    "Life Member NRA"

To you.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

For an interesting read, Google up “New Cannonball Run Record 2019”.

Seems two dudes set a coast to coast (NYC to LA) driving record of 27 hours and 25 minutes, averaging 103 mph, and stopped only four times to gas up (total stop time of 22 minutes).
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That's impressive. I thought I did well years ago with Boston to Mpls. in 23.5 hours [1500 miles], averaging 64 mph.
    "Life Member NRA"

Wrapping fail....
    "Life Member NRA"

"Never pet a burning dog"

Chet the Christmas Parrot

It was Christmas Eve and once again John had waited until the last minute to shop for a present for his wife, Mary.

John rushed to the mall, but as he approached each store, it closed ahead of him. Finally he found one store that was still open - a pet store. He went in and informed the manager that he needed a unique gift for Mary. No puppies, kittens or fish.

The manager told him that he had one pet that might meet John's request and brought out a beautiful parrot.

"This is Chet and he sings Christmas carols," the manager said.

Preparing to demonstrate, the manager pulled out a lighter explaining that Chet's trainer used unconventional methods for training Chet.

The manager lit the lighter and placed a flame under one of Chet's feet. Chet squawked, ruffled his feathers, and in a perfect imitation of Bing Crosby, began singing White Christmas.

John decided to purchase Chet, especially since he was desperate.

Arriving home, John presented Mary with Chet and proceeded to demonstrate the parrot's unique talent.

John placed a flame under Chet's foot and Chet once again squawked, ruffled his feathers, and in a perfect imitation of Andy Williams, began singing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

​​​​​​John moved the flame to Chet's other foot and Chet began singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer like Gene Autry.

Mary asked "What happens when you move it here?" and moved the flame to between Chet's feet.

Chet squawked, jumped, and began singing in the voice of Nat King Cole ...

"Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire ..."

"Life Member NRA"