Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P380 inbound

Default P380 inbound

Finally found a good price on a P380 so it's on it's way. After enjoying the K9 and P9 it seemed like the thing to do. It will be replacing my Smith 638 for pocket carry. I've read up on the P380 so I used my Kahr rebate on the P9 purchase to get the Lakeline striker, stainless guide rod and a couple of sets of recoil springs. I noticed Galloway has a stainless striker guide. Since I'll have the slide apart for the Lakeline striker install should I get this too? Is this a worthwhile upgrade?

Wouldn't hurt, IMO.

I'd also suggest the MagGuts mag conversion kit. It adds one round to the mag capacity, so for the flush fit mag, you have 7 rounds plus one in the chamber.

Clean and lube it REALLY well - I run mine fairly wet. Stay away from Fiocchi FMJ. Mine didn't want anything to do with it until I brought the extractor tension under 2 lbs.

Try not to laugh too much when you see how accurate the little bugger is.

Enjoy!

I'm with Ed on the Magguts kit. Also with the Fiocchi ammo. I've lightened my extractor a bit, but haven't had any Fiocchi ammo to try with it. It runs perfectly with other ammo, so I just might not ever run Fiocchi again. Ahdunno about the stainless striker guide. I run the Lakeline striker with the factory plastic guide.

Thanks for the help guys. The Magguts kit looks cool, I'll have to pick one up.

I recently upgraded my P380 guide rod to Lakeline's stainless one because my original one was rusting and a nuisance. While I was at it, I went ahead and got the striker upgrade, too... more robust and mine was 9 1/2 years old and looking pretty beat.

SS rod at top and old striker at bottom.

PIX and post: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...696#post410696

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Finally got to my FFL to pick up the P380, man this thing is tiny! I knew it was LCP sized but never having handled one was kind of shocked on how small it actually is. It feels a lot better in my hand than the LCP I played with. I was pleasantly surprised it came with 3 magazines, the description from Targetsports USA said it came with 2. For $375 delivered I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    Finally got to my FFL to pick up the P380, man this thing is tiny! I knew it was LCP sized but never having handled one was kind of shocked on how small it actually is. It feels a lot better in my hand than the LCP I played with. I was pleasantly surprised it came with 3 magazines, the description from Targetsports USA said it came with 2. For $375 delivered I'm a happy camper.
    Just wait until you shoot it. Then you’ll be a VERY happy camper. 😀😀
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    Was that the price for a new P380? If so you've scored a very very good deal. If used it's still a bargain. The P380 is a no excuses gun. It can be concealed while wearing about anything. They shoot straight and feel better in the hand than an LCP. It is normal for Kahr's premium line to come with three mags. Congrats, and happy shooting!

Follow the instructions in the New Kahr Prep sticky. It will eliminate a lot of potential unhappiness.

I'd advise you to buy a few different kinds of range ammo, and a sampling of HD rounds as well. Figure out what your gun likes, stock up on that, and stick with it. IMHO, you can avoid a lot of headaches by not trying to force feed the gun ammo it just doesn't like.