Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P380 inbound

Very nice. I wish they found a few more of those old stock, new boy P380s and put them up for sale.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/kahr...-p-109268.aspx

Didn't last long. Out of stock now

Thanks for all the advice guys. I thought I would break it in with some S&B and Speer Lawman hardball, I've heard they are not under powered. The Targetsports USA add was interesting in that it stated that, that model of P380 was discontinued. Looking at Kahr's website that appears to be the case. They have an all black one with night sights and a 2 tone with night sights, LCI and I assume a mag disconnect. I was looking for a stainless finish standard sight model as my diminishing eye sight does not do well with a three dot system. Glad I was able to snag one while they were still available. I know Kahr would probably never do this but I wish they would make an all stainless K380. It would probably cost a fortune but I think it would be really cool. It would probably weigh the same as a Sig P238 so still work for pocket carry and be super easy to shoot. Looking forward to seeing how this thing shoots compared to my PPK which weighs almost twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    ...Looking at Kahr's website that appears to be the case. ....
    What did you see on their site that indicates they will be discontinuing the P380?

I probably missed something. Is it that they are not showing a specific model and that is the one that seems to have been discontinued? Perhaps the model that you found for such a good price?

Thanks

You said it better than I did dao. The particular model of P380 that I was looking for and purchased (stainless finish, standard sights, no LCI) is no longer listed on their website. Everything on their website has night sights and only the black slide model comes without a LCI. If you go on Gunbroker it's getting harder to find the original standard configuration of P380 (I think the model was KP3833).

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Did yours come with a little fake orange magazine for takedown?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

No fake orange magazine with mine as it does not have the CA magazine disconnect. Mine was New Old Stock, Targetsports USA must have found a stash of them somewhere and they blew them out cheap.

Because you are already 'at it' by going after the slide parts, polishing the bolt face, especially the area under the extractor, and the extractor will likely solve ANY ammo problems. Then you can shoot what you want.

Thanks for the tip kahrbrian. Going to order the Galloway striker guide tonight, when that gets here I should be good to go.

I could NOT even manually with the slide OFF, fit a round under the extractor easily. Now I can put an offending round in a mag and load it like lightening.