Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late to the party

Reading the reviews several mention the strong odor with the Renaissance wax. Is it really that bad or just a bunch of girlymen?
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Since it's made from crude, it does have a petroleum smell. After it's wiped off, it has a slight odor which dissapates. I applied it using my finger. Regular soap and water took the smell away from my finger rather quickly. Not something like Hoppes which smells for days.
    Last edited by berettabone; 12-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Kind of what I figured, probably not near as bad as they lead one to believe.
    My wife complains when I do a lot of gun cleaning and the Hoppe's and such but I think she just welcomes the chance to complain. It's not really that bad.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Used to read a gun-totin’ lady from Pennsylvania on a Las Vegas social board who loved to use Hoppe’s #9, and occasionally would dab a bit on her neck like perfume. Her hubby strongly approved.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Out of all the gun cleaners out there, Hoppes is still my go to cleaner, for about 50+ years now. I know the wifey knows how to clean her firearm, but I usually do it for her so her hands don't smell too bad. She has clients who probably wouldn't go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Used to read a gun-totin’ lady from Pennsylvania on a Las Vegas social board who loved to use Hoppe’s #9, and occasionally would dab a bit on her neck like perfume. Her hubby strongly approved.
    I do that bit on the neck thing too. So far no complaints.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I've put a couple more coats on and it does seem to be getting a more noticeable luster, and the small light scratches are slowly disappearing...…………………………..

I put the sixth coat on today. Getting a nice luster, slowly, and I've noticed that the turn line is fading.