Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vpn

Default Vpn

Evidently, KahrTalk has started banning members who use VPN. At least they banned me a few days ago. I've been using it for almost a year and this is the first forum of many that has done this. I can't help but think that the people who use VPN is growing, and before long everyone will be banned. I can get on by turning it off, and it's not really that much trouble, but I'll have to decide if it's worth the effort.

The forum experienced a spam attack a short while back and there were some countermeasures taken. Perhaps that might have had some impact in regards to your VPN. I'm going to flag your post so that admin sees it.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

This is not the case O'Dell. We have not made any changes to specific IP address ranges in quite some time. The last time I recall was in 2018. It is far more likely that your VPN service is now using an IP address range that has in the past been associated with SPAM or hacking attacks on the site. Unfortunately many VPN services are not picky about their clients. So we cannot do anything about that. I would suggest not using that service to connect to our site. You might also contact them and provide the IP address you are being given. They might be willing to pull that out of their rotation if you tell them it is being blocked by web sites you use due to malicious traffic from the address. It is likely that their customers may experience this kind of issue if they are using the same address or addresses in a similar range.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

My company recently changed VPN companies, since then, I sometimes I can get on here and sometimes I'm banned too.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    This is not the case O'Dell. We have not made any changes to specific IP address ranges in quite some time. The last time I recall was in 2018. It is far more likely that your VPN service is now using an IP address range that has in the past been associated with SPAM or hacking attacks on the site. Unfortunately many VPN services are not picky about their clients. So we cannot do anything about that. I would suggest not using that service to connect to our site. You might also contact them and provide the IP address you are being given. They might be willing to pull that out of their rotation if you tell them it is being blocked by web sites you use due to malicious traffic from the address. It is likely that their customers may experience this kind of issue if they are using the same address or addresses in a similar range.
    John, you're probably correct. I just changed my location from the US to Canada, and I assume that this will change the IP address that appears to the addressed site. At any rate, I got on KahrTalk without a problem and without turning off VPN. After watching the addresses flash across the bottom of my browser, I thought a different IP was used every time I went to a site. Anyway, thanks and all is good now.

What is vpn?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have been using a VPN service for years and never had a problem on any forum.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    What is vpn?
    "A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet. VPNs can be used to access region-restricted websites, shield your browsing activity from prying eyes on public Wi-Fi, and more."

You => VPN => Internet => VPN => You

On a VPN as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    On a VPN as I type this.
    I only get on one at work or when using public wifi mainly because they block all firearm related sites and forums.