CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Carry Pistol/IWB, or OWB

Default Favorite Carry Pistol/IWB, or OWB

Here in the Northeast my carry depends on the weather. But one of my favorites is my Model 640 S&W. I like to carry this OWB regardless of weather. If it is mid-winter I usually carry my P365, or Smith 2.0 .45. I really want to start carrying my PM40 everyday but am still not comfortable with it. What about you all? What is your favorite platform, and carry position?

Number one choice for me is my CM9.

I have several holster options for pocket, IWB, and OWB - depending on weather/dress.

I just got it a few weeks ago, but I'm really loving my Winthrop pancake leather OWB. Extremely comfortable.

Number 2 and 3 options are a P365 - same carry options as the CM9, and a CZ Rami carried OWB with a Winthrop OWB pancake holster.

The CM9 doesn't require me to wear Perry suspenders, but the P365 and Rami pretty much require them to keep my OWB holster from becoming an ankle holster.

For a long time I carried either my S&W 642 or Ruger LCP in a pocket. Down here in Florida we don't have a lot of opportunities to wear jackets...mostly lightweight shirts and shorts. Recently I made a personal decision to "up my game" where concealed carry is concerned. I've begun carrying my CM9, OWB in a Don Hume JIT holster with a spare mag in my weak-side pocket. That mag lives in a sheath of elk hide I sewed up that works real well and doesn't create any excess bulk. For me, the only downside to making this change has been the need to wear my shirt tail outside my pants. When it's not too hot...I wear a "ribbed tank top", tucked in then a lightweight shirt over everything. I'm carrying cross-draw btw.

Casual clothes or work as a RSO/instructor, Sig P365 purely because of capacity. Dress clothes, PM9 in a leather pocket holster. Places you cannot carry a gun, a LCPII.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I carry my MK9 (+1 mag) or Taurus M85 IWB at work, and my MK9 (+2 mags) or Beretta APX Centurion OWB outside of work.

CM9 kydex pocket holster or an ankle holster depending on venue.
    CW9 OWB or IWB depending on clothing.

CW40 IWB pretty much everywhere.

I used to pocket carry an MK9, for about 8 years in the warmer months. In the cold months I switched over to my HK OWB. My current, and I believe my final carry set up in the warmer months is my Ruger SP101 in a Remora, and in the colder months, my HK P2SK OWB in a Cook's kydex. With out a doubt, for my tastes, the best carry firearm I have ever handled/used. It will be going to the crematorium with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1911 full size especially in cooler months, Commander in warmer months, PM 45 on ankle nearly always all months especially if I'm not supposed to carry someplace but I usually do anyway. I'm such a bad boy. Hate being a fish in a barrel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I most commonly carry a S&W 642 in the right front pocket. Thin leather pocket holster and five spares on a speed strip for a reload. This is my carry about 80% of the time. Utterly reliable, Picked it up cheap enough and I could buy another just like it tomorrow. That gun carries Crimson trace boot grips and has a Wilson combat spring kit tuning the action. That rigs weight is my benchmark by which all other carry options are measured. I love that it is just 15seconds to kit up or put up, while offering decent firepower in EDC.
    I have recently picked up a PM9 that will supplement/replace the 642 after doing a few simple mods and getting used to it...

I have a K9 in a IWB holster for cold weather days. This combo is not as easily concealed under lighter hot weather outfits, but is by far my best SD combo. Its almost weird how well I shoot that gun.

My "Sunday go to meeting" deep conceal combo is my P380 in a nemesis pocket holster (right front) and a nemesis mag holder (left rear). a really good combo when dressed to impress and it has never drawn even a second glace from any cop or security guy.
    The night sights are still at "good for fighting" bright after all these years which is important for this gun as I am usually only dressed like that for a night out on the town.

Specialty rigs.
    I have a RM380 extensively modified with Galloway Precision parts and a viridian laser for the concealment pocket of a nice leather vest I have. It rides in a Crossbreed, Velcro holster, with the Viridian magnet kit to keep the laser off in my pocket.

I have a Charter Arms Mag Pug in .41 magnum that I sometimes carry IWB (4 o'clock) while on walks "in the wild". I live in town, but my street dead-ends into the Trinity river levy system. The city has spent millions making it into a very nice (but lonely) beltway park system. This last September a neighbor posted a couple of photos of a young mountain lion sitting at the edge of a kids playground about a block, as the crow flies, from my house. We walk my (bird flushing) English Cocker Spaniel down there often. I'd hate for her to flush a cat that big and not have enough gun. That said, I like the kitty hanging out around here. Our Feral cat/stray dog problems have moved to zero this fall... Also good for any "two legged strays" that might think the old, fat guy with his little dog are today's easy mark.

Also a High Standard Derringer in .22mag in a pocket holster. Often carried with CCI rat shot during "warm enough for snakes" weather. Two SD spare rounds ride along also, but this is a backup gun that is never carried alone.

We can round out the options with three different 1911's (.45 & 9mm) that I have OWB rigs for, but they are just too heavy for my tastes to daily carry. I could also carry (either one of two) K frame S&W .38's that I love, but would hate to lose-it-if-you-use-it when I have other lighter, less sentimental options to carry.

No matter if I am dressed up or dressing down for my day, I have the right combo for carry. I shoot them all well and have the round counts to prove them reliable.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!