Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Carry Pistol/IWB, or OWB

PM9 in my right front jeans pocket in a Sticky nylon holster...I know many folks don't care for pocket carry but it just works for me and the gun is totally concealed and doesn't print very much and looks more like a cell phone than a pistol....Another plus for pocket carry is that when walking in a dark parking lot or in a situation where something doesn't feel right I can put my hand on the gun ready to pull if necessary and not draw any attention from anybody and believe it or not it's pretty fast to get the gun into action with practice "empty practice of course"....I still have and love my Smith 642 which was my primary carry before the PM9 came along and It doesn't get much use any more and I kinda miss it....

When the few times come along when I am forced to wear a suit I pocket carry my Beretta Pico .380 also in a Sticky nylon holster and man that little pistol just disappears in a pocket....I really like the thin little Pico and it has been 100% reliable with any ammo tried BUT it's still a.380 so it's not carried as a primary weapon except for those few times when the PM9 might print....

I don't carry .380 myself, but the wifey does. I carry .38 spl. +p half the time. We both feel confident in the calibers and although I don't usually choose my ammo on tests alone, both calibers in the Hornady Critical Defense seem to perform really well. You can still get speeds of 900fps. + with the .380. out of a small firearm. The .38 +p clocks in at the low 800's realistically which is still enough to perform with the .380. These calibers aren't as fast as 9mm, but seem to do an equal amount of damage. Don't feel out gunned, especially if your accurate. Most of the .380 ammo speeds are higher than what you would see because they get tested out of a 4" barrel. They are still fast enough out of a small firearm to work effectively. Whatever ammo you choose, they work...…………………...

I have been bouncing around lately....my Sig 365, Shield 45, Ruger SP101 and also my Sig P227 SAS. Depends on where I am going.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Hk P2000Sk LEM 357 Sig OWB with two reloads.
    And a S&W 342 ti Centennial .38 +P BUG.
    Plus some edged weapons for when the ammo runs out...

Either Kahr K9 in milt sparks vm2 or Sig P365 in Vedder light tuck. Both 3:00-330.

No question - CM45 or MK40 when I can use a holster. PM9 if I have to pocket carry.

Most often it's a Smith and Wesson 638 in pocket holster. I have the larger size CTC laser grips. I use a Simply Rugged speed strip pouch on the belt. Very few have ever asked what it was and "flip phone case" actually worked as a reply! I hope to go to an Andrews Leather "slim loader" pouch as soon as it comes in and a Safariland speed loader.

Mitch Rosen thumb break for the Kahr CW 45.

Safariland ALS for the 1911 (primarily open carry) although it will conceal under my light jacket.

Andrews Leather Monarch shoulder holster for the other 1911 with CTC laser grips.

Galco Ankle Glove for S&W 438. (New York Reload or plan to be sitting a long time).

Have coming with vintage K9 a Galco thumb break. May get a Mitch Rosen for that also.

I have another J-frame that came with the "Hip Grip" where a grip extension allows it to tuck into the belt line, appendix style. This has worked well a few times with my new suit whose pockets are tiny. It's not great though and I hope to get those pockets enlarged.

I never liked IWB.....for me, autos go in OWB holsters and revolvers go in the pocket or on the ankle.

Another Nano

LCR Mitch Rosen Mitch Rosen for CM9

When I carry IWB it’s the CW9...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Lately since I don't leave the house much I often times IWB my PM45 with an extra mag in my front bag. If I go anywhere a 1911 takes it place and it moves to the ankle and 2 mags go on the belt.
    I discovered that my T9 fits perfectly in all my 1911 holsters. So when I get some more bonding time with it, it may ride around with me on occasion. Thought that was pretty cool.
    Garrett doesn't make a Silent Thunder for the T, I asked and they said if it fits in the 1911 holster run it. Kind of check for wear spots on the inside leather but it fits like a glove near as I can tell.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."