Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Galloway Precision' Gallowglass Flat Faced Short Stroke Trigger for Kahr 9, 40 and 45

I’m guessing the one on the right has the little hook on the bottom of the trigger made a little less pointy in the forward direction. Did I guess right?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm going with the one on the right also, one on the left has a little more material left in the lower area. Is the little rounding off on the right side part of the mod or a defect that's actually in a good place. Lower end of the trigger on the right side, just a little corner rounded off?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I’m guessing the one on the right has the little hook on the bottom of the trigger made a little less pointy in the forward direction. Did I guess right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm going with the one on the right also, one on the left has a little more material left in the lower area. Is the little rounding off on the right side part of the mod or a defect that's actually in a good place. Lower end of the trigger on the right side, just a little corner rounded off?
    Darn, you both have good eyes!
    I did knock the corners down on the forward bottom part of the trigger.
    I also tapered the back side a bit which made it more rounded and thinner on the bottom.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Well I don't know about yqtszhj, but being deaf as a cedar stump I need to count on the eyes and they are getting questionable.
    As usual I like what you did to it. I'm a bit skeered to try installing one of those but wouldn't mind trying one out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Looks better to me. I wasn’t to sure about that big pointy bottom at first but what you accomplished looks like a definite improvement.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

has anyone ever tried drilling/tapping a stock CM9 trigger for a overtravel screw?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    has anyone ever tried drilling/tapping a stock CM9 trigger for a overtravel screw?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER
    I haven’t but my CM9 breaks so far back I don’t think it would break if I did. Yours may be different though.

I do have a CZ clone I’ve been meaning to drill and tap the trigger on but haven’t done it yet. Bought the tap and bit so I need to make time to do it.

Visit here:

Got my CM9 with new Galloway flat trigger to the range today. Flawless function. I like this trigger shape better than what the factory put in the gun. I believe it gives me better “ feel” when I’m taking deliberate aimed shots AND helps keep everything lined up better when I’m firing rapidly. I kept the overtravel screw and don’t believe it does much as the end of travel is already pretty much all the way back, but it does a little. I’ll take small improvements as I can get them, so long as performance and reliability aren’t degraded. At this point I’m not getting a significant reduction in re-set which is consistent with what Galloway told us to expect. As soon as they offer the new sear, I’ll most likely go for that as well.

I think flat triggers are more traditionally used with guns shot in single-action.
    That said, I find the Kahr trigger light enough for me to use the tip of the pad of the trigger finger instead of the joint, and I'm much more accurate that way (less likely to pull or push the gun to one side or the other).

I also find I shoot much better when over-travel is limited, though you have to be careful because there's a fine line between ideal and the gun doesn't reliably fire. I made a trigger-stop by putting a glob of expoxy paste behind the trigger and using sandpaper to reduce the depth until the trigger would break reliably.

Got a pic of that? I’d like to see how much overtravel I can get rid of using that Fix.