Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galloway Precision' Gallowglass Flat Faced Short Stroke Trigger for Kahr 9, 40 and 45

Well done by Greg on the trigger, and the superb write-up and photos to show it. Kudos' to you sir!

I just don't get it though...

I have never tried a straight trigger, I'll admit that...

But when i look at the shape of my trigger finger, it's not straight where it contacts the trigger. So...

I guess it's just not for me, as I do prefer smooth-faced rounded triggers (and have been known to grind/file the grooves out of them before, if they had 'em...).

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I'm kind of on board the same train you are 7. They make complete sense on a single action as mentioned earlier in this thread but not so much on these longer pulls.
    But people here whose opinions I have strong faith in like them so I could be completely wrong.
    I'm kind of skeered to install one myself but I'd sure like to play with one to get my own take on them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My apologies for the crappy photos that follow, but I hope they will suffice.
    I like the flat trigger because I think (maybe delusional) that it allows me to use the lower part of the trigger for maximum leverage.
    Even if there is no increase of leverage over the OEM trigger, this at least makes using it more comfortable.
    Here's shot of the trigger with it's slack taken up. The trigger is almost vertical at the point and my finger easily positions low on it.

Here, I've started the firing stroke.

This shot is slightly after the striker has released

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Actually, those are pretty good photos and I think it shows what you mean by leverage. Glad it works well for you.

I've just realized I might be old-school and can't get past the look of a "straight" trigger face.

Thanks for adding those Greg. Nice job.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Actually, those are pretty good photos and I think it shows what you mean by leverage. Glad it works well for you.

I've just realized I might be old-school and can't get past the look of a "straight" trigger face.

Thanks for adding those Greg. Nice job.

Old No7
    I hear ya. It took me a wile to warm up to triggers with a straight/flat face. Even now I only have them on certain guns. I like it on my P365, but didn't go with one on my P226 when I put in a trigger with over travel adjustment. I really like the one on my P45, I just seems right on it, but doubt I will put one on any of my other Kahr pistols. I don't like the look of them on 1911s and that's from a guy who has polymer 1911s. Of course, nothing is written in stone.

Thanks for your kind comments.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg am I recalling correctly that the trigger pin on the Kahrs can be a real pain to remove? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Greg am I recalling correctly that the trigger pin on the Kahrs can be a real pain to remove? Thanks!
    On the metal frame guns it can be.

It's much easier on the poly frame guns. I use an arbor press, but I've also removed them with a punch and hammer.
    The trigger axis pin on poly Kahrs is held in place by a cross pin. I like the press because I feel slowly pushing the axis pin past the cross pin is easier on the frame than the shock from driving it past with a punch. If I use a punch, I let the frame sit in the sun for a bit to warm up, then use a few light taps to move the axis pin past the cross pin. Once past the cross pin, the axis pin can be pushed out by hand. I'd say you might even be able to push the axis pin past the cross pin by hand, but I think that could lead to slipping off the pin and marring the frame. Galloway's video is quite good on removing then pin.
    Regards,
    Greg

Thanks Greg. If I end up with a P or PM45 I'll take a look at the video. Kahr triggers have always been very good and I can't help but think the flat trigger face would make them even nicer.

All this is still currently academic, because the Galloway flat trigger is still out of stock.

I was interested also but it's been "Out of Stock" all year.