Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: P9 complete upper on CW40 frame?

Default P9 complete upper on CW40 frame?

All,

will a P9 upper fit on a CW40 frame?

I have a CW40 that is a safe king. Was gonna look for a p9 upper to get some use out of the frame. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dannylikewingy View Post
    All,

will a P9 upper fit on a CW40 frame?

I have a CW40 that is a safe king. Was gonna look for a p9 upper to get some use out of the frame. Thanks in advance.
    There are a couple of variables you will need to pair correctly for this to work:
    1. There are at least two different cut lower barrel lugs
    2. Likewise, at least two frames cut differently to accommodate those different lugs.
    On the barrels, one style has a step while the other style doesn't:
    gif upload site
    So there are frames cut to accommodate the "step":

I went the opposite direction from you putting a PM40 top end on my CM9's frame. In this case both barrels had the step and the conversion worked just fine.

I now have a Covert P40 and a CW9. The CW9 has a barrel with the step. The P40 barrel does not have the step. As the P40 frame is not cut for the step, my CW9's upper will not go completely on the P40 frame. However, the P40 upper slides right on the CW9 frame. I have hand cycled this combo, but not fired it. That said, I believe it would work just fine.

So, same cut barrels and frames is probably a go, barrels with no step should work with either style frame, and barrels with the step will only work with frames cut to accommodate that step.

These are just my thoughts and what I have experienced; they are not something intended as a "how to" or "what to do". Be safe and welcome to the forums

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Nice. Thanks for the quick response.

Just looked at my frame, and it is cut for the step, so I think I’m good to go.