Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: CM9 Trijicon front sight installation?

Default CM9 Trijicon front sight installation?

I have purchased the trijicon night sight set from Kahr for my PM9. Apparently the new trijicon sight comes with both posts threaded and two installation screws. The rear screw is easy to install. However, I have found no way to install the front screw. Approaching from either the front or the rear of the slide the angle is wrong to get even a thin screwdriver tip into the screw head. How have others done this; I am perplexed.

A small stright bit jewlers screwdriver may work for you. My guess is it is a phillips head, but my suggestion still stands.

The biggest problem is aligning the screw on the post and engaging the first threads. A tiny straight bit might work to start and then an equally tiny phillips head to complete the job. I sure don't want to cross thread that tiny screw

Glad I'm not you. Good Luck. If you don't force it you won't cross thread it. I got the one in my 380 pretty easily.

interestingly enough the Trijicon front sight for my CW380 had a malformed front post so I only used the rear screw. Hopefully it will stay on
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 12-13-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    interestingly enough the Trijicon front sight for my CM380 had a malformed front post so I only used the rear screw. Hopefully it will stay on
    I've had those Trijicon sights on two Kahr pistols (45 & 9) for over 8 years with no issues other than they have begun to dim. Both are secured with just one screw.

As to your CM9, you might try to find a flat head, Allen socket screw that fits, then cut down an Allen wrench to install it with......or just run the one screw

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

dustnchips, the flat bladed screwdriver trick worked. Once I was able to get the screw started straight I was able to finish up with my smallest Phillip's head. After the front screw was in the rear screw was easy peasy Thanks y'all. Just letting the Loctite set and I will be good to go. I did however have to dress the head down on the front screw to prevent it dragging on the barrel.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 12-18-2019 at 02:59 PM. Reason: elaboration