Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New to me old K9.

Default New to me old K9.

My local LGS is a doing a user firearm clearance until Christmas Eve. They've got a P380 for $199, K9 for $169 and MK9 for $179. I was going to buy all 3 but decided on a VP9SK for $420 and the K9. I'm a softy for HK and I already have a P380 and MK9. The MK9 was a GA02** serial. I didn't care to have one that early and it felt like it needed a recoil spring. The finish was different than mine and they have those funky dovetails and the Houge grips won't fit.

I'm pretty happy with the K9. It's a AE17** serial so I think it's from 1996-1997 or so. It has slight holster wear and small fine scratches throughout so it will fit right in to my carry rotation without having to worry about marring up a brand new gun.

Is there anything I should know about these early K9's? I've yet to shoot it but the action is smooth as silk.

My first Kahr was one just like yours. Worked very well. Replaced it with another K9 that has the elite trigger (which I prefer). Great price on both guns. HK is my fan-boy brand. Enjoy.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Looks like it's early enough to have the soft nice rubber grips. Much preferred. That was a steal price, I would have got it and the MK myself, pass on the 380.

Both my K9 and K40 I think are about that vintage and no issues, you should be fine and dandy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a stainless version from around that time. Great fun, that I am adding to my EDC once my holster comes in. Two cons, though: 1. the new Kahr barrels and don't see not compatible and 2. there were comments back in the day that the steel (not-stainless) version showed signs of rust for some that carried the a lot.

Back in the day, many "black" guns were steel instead of the coated stainless steel guns we see today.