OK, so I bought a used P380, that stovepipes with Winchester flat-nose FMJ, Rem Golden Sabers, Hornady XTP-loaded HPs, and some junk range reloads. It never makes it through a mag without stovepiping. However, it does not stovepipe with Sellier and Bellot RN FMJ-- ran a whole box of that without a problem.

But... I don't want to carry that, and I don't want a gun on the hairy edge of malfunction. So... do I need a new extractor? There are posts on here indicating that Kahr redesigned the extractor at some point. Was that point after 2008? This gun's SN indicates 2007/2007 manufacture.

I've cleaned and polished it all, including the striker and extractor channels. There are no shavings, crud, or even oil in there now, after the brake cleaner through the hole trick (after I'd already run drill bits and Q-tips through the channels). It's clean. Rails lubed, lube diagram followed, etc. I've done all that. AND, I just replaced the recoil springs-- no help, though they are much longer and harder to install than the probably original ones that were in there. I was hoping that would change something, but it did not.

And I'm not limp-wristing it, after 30 years of competitive shooting.

This thing is astoundingly accurate, and I shoot it well-- easily clean bowling pin tables with it-- except for the clearing of the stovepipes, which affects my times significantly! I want it to work. But before I buy another extractor, and put better sights on it, I'd like to know if I'm throwing good money after bad.

Suggestions? (Other than send it back to Kahr.)

Was the extractor design changed after 2008?

Thanks!

Trinan