Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG OOOPS - help

Default BIG OOOPS - help

I bought a new brand of snap caps - STEEL WORX. (Don't buy them). Chambered a round, and now my P9 beauty is completely tied up. No amount of pressure will unseat the round. I guess I need to call Kahr?

Do you own a rubber mallet?

Id give it a good whack across the rear sights. As long as your p9 has steel sights you can also do it on the front. Obviously, whack from muzzle end to rear

You might try the technique the fellow describes in the following video. It's worked for me when clearing some rounds that were stuck in my CW45.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Gents.... THANKS!!! I used a rubber mallet to get it back more, but it was still ceased. Then I thought - hey lets take the slide stop out and take the slide off - then I thought - heck no! I need the slidestop to get the ejection to work. So, I continued to beat wit the rubber mallet - the rear sight and the front CORNER of the slide. This loosened things a bit, then I did the technique in the video and VOILA - the round ejected and the gun cleared. I did think of the mallet at 0400 this AM in bed... LOL. Thanks much. What a relief. Now to get my CT 380 fixed.

Putting the front sight on a hard wooden surface like the edge of a table and pushing down, to manually rack the slide works too. Obviously don’t do it on your dining room table.....

At least not while the wife is around. If you got a table cloth, no worries, just cover it back up. Reminds me I gotta put her toothbrush back did some gun cleaning today and need to put that back before she gets home.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I was gonna say don’t do it unless you wanna get yourself whooped by the missus. (Dining room table)

I have only really had it happen at the range. I usually just do it on the lip of the retaining bench if it’s wooden.

A small square of scrap 2x4 works too.

I did the edge of a roll of tape - but te rubber mallet produces better impulse transfer - a physics term, and why an egg thrown against a blanket doesn't break but one thrown against a wall does. Both go from 50 MPH to 0 in a short amount of time, but the time with the blanket is MUCH longer than the wall, which is instantaneous - so the force is much greater. The mallet produces a much quicker impulse of energy and the barrel dislodges.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    At least not while the wife is around. If you got a table cloth, no worries, just cover it back up. Reminds me I gotta put her toothbrush back did some gun cleaning today and need to put that back before she gets home.
    You lucky man, retired, got a bunch of guns and a wife who's breath smells like Hoppes. You're livin the life!!!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I truly am ain't I?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."