Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standard T9 or Elite?

I'd be most interested in the Colt if it's decent and the price is fair. Don't tell anyone but I'd be even more interested if it is a 9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'd be most interested in the Colt if it's decent and the price is fair. Don't tell anyone but I'd be even more interested if it is a 9.
    I have been sneaking peeks at the Kimber Stainless Pro Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveOak View Post
    Are you referring to the T40 Elite?

I am good with the weight. I am looking to replace a Colt Lightweight Commander which is, I think, an ounce lighter.

Also, the T9, Standard or elite should fit the box of holsters I have from the Colt.

The Galco Yaqui slide is my fav 1911 holster.

Vive la difference!!!
    I didn't get the Elite as I specifically didn't want it. I'm no stranger to having alternative opinions... particularly about firearm models, so I salute your knowing what you want and going for it! Now you've got me thinking of getting a lightweight Commander variant again... darn it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveOak View Post
    I have been sneaking peeks at the Kimber Stainless Pro Carry.
    A detective at my recent ex job carried a Stainless Pro Carry for quite awhile. Then got into the Red Dot sight craze and went back to a Glock. No helping some people.
    The Kimber is pretty nice, a little on the heavier side but a fine shooter.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dannylikewingy View Post
    I think the elite t9 has a textured front strap. The exact reason I’m holding out for the elite
    Oh, I like that feature! Missed it before now... But me like!

I might have to call Kahr and find out "how much" to do that to my T9's frame. I had Kimber do a 1911-9mm once and it came out great.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I don't know if Kahr does that sort of thing after the fact as a custom option but there are lots of places that do it.
    I too love a textured front strap. A person can use smooth or checkered grips if the front strap is checkered and still have a very positive grip.
    I've been tempted to try stippling which is supposedly pretty easy. Wish I could checker metal but I'm too scared to try that. Told it's easier than wood but I'm not buying it. At least wood you can toss in the fireplace and start over, metal is kind of forever.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Please check out a Springfield Armory EMP4. It’s an improved Commander in 9mm.

I just picked one up. I thought the T9 was the perfect fit for my hand. The EMP4 is as good or, slightly better.