Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75B broken slide stop

Default CZ 75B broken slide stop

Well, after beaucoup rounds down range, my CZ 75B's slide stop finally gave up it's ghost. My buddy was shooting it when it happened. Nothing untoward other than he noticed the stop had walked out from the frame. I went to put it back in, then noticed it was still sticking out the other side. I pulled the lever portion out and the gun still cycled by hand. On a whim, I rapidly fire another seven rounds before it locked up.

Once home, I used a punch and hammer to drive the remaining portion of the pin out. I didn't find any damage to the gun. I went to Cajun Gun Works to order another stop, but the only one I found was the extended version for the SP-01 and Shadow 1. I got tired of looking and put that in the cart. I guess I could of went to CZ-USA, but their site doesn't work well with Opera and i didn't feel like opening another browser. How's that for lazy? Just before checking out, I added a paddle style thumb safety to the mix.

I wish the extended stop had the finer serrations of the older stop, but it will work..barely, the paddle safety just clears the extended stop lever,
    I'm glad it did because I like the paddle safety as it has a 1911ish feel to it.

A note for anyone interested in the paddle thumb safety; it's on the Cajun Gun Works site as OEM Safety LH Shadow SP-01.
    It's listed at $35. For another $25 they will modify it to fit the 75B, 75B Compact, or 97B manual safety. The modification for the 75B is cutting/grinding the pin to length (shortening it). I just spent the $35. It didn't take me long to grind, dress, and cold blue it.
    Being that the slide stop is also for a SP01 0r Shadow !, a person might want to trim it's pin as well. I left mine as is because it aids in getting the stop out.

For reference, here's the 75B with it's original stop and safety:

I think it's a cleaner look, but if carrying cocked and locked, the paddle safet is much easier to manipulate with the hand on the gun. I'll probably find another of that style slide stop, then see which I like more plus it doesn't hurt to have another on hand (besides the one in the Kadet kit)

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Just out of curiosity as I'm still feeling my way around all the multitudes of models on these CZ's. Do you generally carry it cocked and locked?
    I do like the new safety better, seems more positive. I agree I do like the old slide stop better but the new one isn't bad really. Guess I just like the finer texture on the old one better.

Right now I'm staying on course for the Sig but a CZ has been on the radar for a long time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Just out of curiosity as I'm still feeling my way around all the multitudes of models on these CZ's. Do you generally carry it cocked and locked?
    I do like the new safety better, seems more positive. I agree I do like the old slide stop better but the new one isn't bad really. Guess I just like the finer texture on the old one better.

Right now I'm staying on course for the Sig but a CZ has been on the radar for a long time.
    With the old safety, I carried with the hammer down to the safety notch on the hammer (like my decocker model does). I'd be more comfortable with cocked and locked with the new safety, but will probably just carry on with what I was doing. If I've fired it, I usually just put the safety on and leave it that way until I reload it completely.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That slide stop looks kinda like what came stock on my P-01.
    I wonder if your new safety would work on my CZ clones. I may have to call and see...

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

GB thanks for sharing the info. As usual you go above and beyond. Are you running the CGW trigger, barrel bushing and stainless hammer?

YQTSZHJ thanks for the P-01 pict, just ordered the same, be here next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    GB thanks for sharing the info. As usual you go above and beyond. Are you running the CGW trigger, barrel bushing and stainless hammer?

YQTSZHJ thanks for the P-01 pict, just ordered the same, be here next week.
    You are too kind and have a good eye
    I am running a CGW trigger and hammer. I didn't go with their barrel bushing, but did install their adjustable sear with the new thumb safety. I finally found the slide stop I wanted; Numrich had one in stock, but that was it. I was tempted to get a "cold war" stop as they had those in stock, but decided to pass as I now have the extended stop for a back up.

Regards,
    Greg

Thanks but what’s that shiny thing at the muzzle?

I notice your running the OEM sights. I installed the TFX PRO on mine and really like them, also put them on my Kahrs. The front is large so it does obscure the bull at distances but very fast targeting. Just finished test firing at set of TFX PRO on my CZ97. The rear height need to be raised .135 so I performed some metal butchering. Just need to lock it down and metal finish. Posted this on the CZ forum.

TFX PRO sights on a 97

« on: January 08, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »

I’m getting ahead of myself on this sight project. A while back I installed tfx pros on my 75 and 97. I knew the 97 would shoot low but it’s 6” low at 30’. The fronts are the same height for both. I guesstimated the rear needed .135 height increase. The rear dovetail is .125 deep. So I machined down an OEM sight to .135. From the bottom I drilled and countersunk a though hole for a 6-40x1/4 screw made from a hex bolt. Fastened both pieces using the existing threaded hole in the sight. When installed the tfx sits .396 above the slide. Think I got lucky, looks about right. I’ll get to the range in the next couple of days and give it a test. If the elevation is good I’ll add a pin to prevent rotation and JB together then metal finish it. Right now it’s ugly.

Thanks but what’s that shiny thing at the muzzle?

I notice your running the OEM sights. I installed the TFX PRO on mine and really like them, also put them on my Kahrs. The front is large so it does obscure the bull at distances but very fast targeting. Just finished test firing at set of TFX PRO on my CZ97. The rear height need to be raised .135 so I performed some metal butchering. Just need to lock it down and metal finish. Posted this on the CZ forum.

TFX PRO sights on a 97

« on: January 08, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »

I’m getting ahead of myself on this sight project. A while back I installed tfx pros on my 75 and 97. I knew the 97 would shoot low but it’s 6” low at 30’. The fronts are the same height for both. I guesstimated the rear needed .135 height increase. The rear dovetail is .125 deep. So I machined down an OEM sight to .135. From the bottom I drilled and countersunk a though hole for a 6-40x1/4 screw made from a hex bolt. Fastened both pieces using the existing threaded hole in the sight. When installed the tfx sits .396 above the slide. Think I got lucky, looks about right. I’ll get to the range in the next couple of days and give it a test. If the elevation is good I’ll add a pin to prevent rotation and JB together then metal finish it. Right now it’s ugly.
    Ah, I see why you ask. It looks like that because the finish on the barrel is worn, as is the edge of the slide.

I haven't changed the sights (or barrel bushing) because this pistol shoots wonderfully as is. I just don't want to mess with success.
    On the other hand, I recently installed TFX Pros on my buddy's Phantom and he is well pleased with them.

Your fix for the sights on your 97 is interesting to me. I like seeing other folk's work, so any chance you could post some photos?

Regards,
    Greg

Dislike posting pictures of work in progress because it’s in the “ugly” stage but here goes. As you can see the ground down OEM sight is hollow on the underside and when modifying the bolt I was going to make it fit the groove but then remembered the countersink cutter. So I’ll be making another screw with a larger head. That OEM sight is soft, may be MIM. Testing it’s 2” high at 7 yards so I’ll remove .020 more and call it good. I’ll line it up square and add a pin to the side of the screw to prevent rotation when it’s JB together. Metal finish it then black oxide.

I may add some “filler” to the underside of the sight just so it doesn’t look like it’s on stilts.

Dislike posting pictures of work in progress because it’s in the “ugly” stage but here goes. As you can see the ground down OEM sight is hollow on the underside and when modifying the bolt I was going to make it fit the groove but then remembered the countersink cutter. So I’ll be making another screw with a larger head. That OEM sight is soft, may be MIM. Testing it’s 2” high at 7 yards so I’ll remove .020 more and call it good. I’ll line it up square and add a pin to the side of the screw to prevent rotation when it’s JB together. Metal finish it then black oxide.

I may add some “filler” to the underside of the sight just so it doesn’t look like it’s on stilts.
    Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. They are well done. I like to see the "in progress" photos as I find they help me understand the process. What you are doing is intriguing and certainly looks to be viable concept. Other than filing the sight's tenon and shimming it, I can't remember seeing another method that would work as well on sights with tritium vials in the sight ears. Well done!

Please post photos when you are finished with it.

This reminded me of the pieces made to hide dovetails and it took me a while to remember what they are called...Dutchman. I shouldn't complain about that, just thank you for some mental exercise.

Regards,
    Greg