Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Merry Stainless and..." NOT so merry any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by dannylikewingy View Post
    Maybe we should google, kahr catastrophic failure.
    I actually did that, and got two hits on P9/CW9s where faulty ammo blew out the sideplates. Luckily, no major injuries.

About calling Kahr, as Bawanna had suggested:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Good idea, I imagine they would just replace the slide, maybe even the whole top end. Never hurt to ask.
    Oh sure, Kahr will replace the slide -- but only for free for the original owner, so I'd be out the 2-way shipping costs ($60?) plus a new slide ($145 per website).

NO WAY.

It's now going back to the LGS and they can deal with it.

I still like my attempt at the all-stainless "Kahr holiday picture" up above...

But the next time I do that, it won't be a MK9 at the top -- as I'm now planning to make my own P9 Covert * (the one Kahr I used to own -- a factory made Covert -- that I never should have sold off).

Old No7

* I got a lead for a decent P9 candidate to cut down for < $250. Add in $50 for 2 mags, and I'll save a bunch versus the used MK9 -- in dollars and in weight.
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Old No7 Special
    MK9 frame, barrel with PM9 slide and guide rod assembly:
    Thanks for all the info and photos Greg, and especially for the "Old No7 Special" -- that one's cool!

But that's what I suspect too, that a smaller recoil rod hole on the MK9 -- just like the PM9 -- would likely eliminate the cracking of the slides on the MK9s.

Kahr, are you listening???

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH