Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Upper and Lower stuck

Default Upper and Lower stuck

Hello,
    I’ll try to keep it simple. I have very lightly used 1927A1. Maybe 300-400 rounds.

I had feed trouble and returned it to Kahr.
    They told me it was the magazines.
    Have not tried it since I got it back.

Heres my new problem. Decided to try it out tomorrow. So, I disassembled it to make sure everything was clean and oiled.

The gun was always hard to slide apart for the first inch or so. It always went back together ok. So, being the genius I am, I decided to put it back together without the internals. Just empty upper onto the still assembled lower. Wanted to try and identify what was causing the sticking.

As soon as the take down button reached the end of the slot it follows, it became really hard to completely finish sliding it together. I thought there must be a rough edge on the frame or take down button. But even when it clears the slot, its really are to finish sliding it the last 2 inches.

Was I not supposed to do this? Seems simple enough. Just slide to frame. Now I have to use a rubber hammer to get it completely shut or back apart until the take down button is in the slot. Harder than ever.

Im about fed up with this gun and like to get rid of it, but I couldnt pass it on to someone in good conscience with this problem. If it didnt have the problem, Id keep it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

That takedown button has always been hard for me on mine as well but never to the point I had to break out the mallet. My first thought was you are on the right track a rough spot or burr etc. There isn't much resistance on the take down spring as I recall so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Have to ponder this some, feeling plumb poorly today so guess I got time to ponder.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for taking the time to ponder. I much appreciate it. Since I just received it back from Auto Ordnance I assume they took it apart? Maybe not? Surely they wouldn’t have sent it to me this hard to slide together.

Am I correct in thinking that not having the bolt and springs installed have nothing to do with my issue?

I wouldn't think that would be an issue but I could be wrong, I don't see how they would tie in myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Today I’m taking it to a local gunsmith/machinist. I’d rather just pay a local guy that will have to answer for his work than try to send it back to KAHR under warranty.
    I let you know as soon as I get an answer.

I've no hands on with the 1927A1, but I'm curious as to what lubrication you are using on those rails?
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>