During the warmer weather, I have been carrying my CM9 with a stock magazine. I have another 6 rounder which I put the Lakeline follower and plastic base plate on (and a 7 rounder with Laskeline grip adapter and follower). I have probably only fired 100 rounds or so with the Lakeline modded magazines, but I don't keep them loaded for prolonged periods of time.

I am currently awaiting Magguts for my 6 asnd 7 round magazines, and looked closer at my 6 rounder with Lakeline baseplate. There seems to be a color differentiation along the line of stress on the base plate (where the cutaway slides onto the magazine). I don't know if this is normal, but I don't see anything like that on the 7 rounder with Lakeline grip adapter + corresponding Lakeline baseplate (haven't shot that many rounds through the 7 rounder after mods).

In warmer weather, I keep my CW9 loaded for weeks on end with the stock magazine (w/ metal baseplate). I was wondering if anyone has used the Lakeline base plate on a loaded magazine for extended periods of time. I really prefer the feel of their plastic baseplates, but worry about it cracking under long periods with a loaded magazine. Any long term experiences?