Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Kahr PM9 with extended magazine sleeve project

Default Kahr PM9 with extended magazine sleeve project

I was down visiting my son and family for Christmas. He's a tech wiz, and just got an affordable 3D printer and made his mom some 3D printed rabbits for her gift.
    So he wanted to show me how it works and suggested we come up with a simple project to make.

So I pulled my Kahr PM9 out of my pocket and showed him how I wanted a sleeve that would fill the whole bottom of the grip over the extended magazine.

We eyeballed and rough measured the dimensions and he programed it into a CAD program (STL) and then proceeded to print out three models I could work with. We were estimating some of the dimensions, so they had to be hand fitted.

Pretty neat, though to make it out of scratch and come out so nicely fitted.
    Now this Kahr feels like a P9 with the extended magazine!
    The plastic was not the right type, and grey, so I sprayed it black. But it will work for now. There are better polymer type inks than he had. This plastic is more like airplane model rigid stuff.

Very cool indeed! They look better than some of the extensions I've seen for sale. Maybe with some tweaking he could print them so that the bottom of the mag is recessed into the bottom of the extension so that it sits flush?

Great idea..!!

Very nice.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Excellent! Hope you plan on making more for sale. I would be very interested.

Very cool! For the record, Lakeline extension feels really good in hand on mine. I think they use a 3rd party 3D printing company of which you have to order the part from. It's nice to see you were able to make one yourself (or with help from family)!

I'd also be interested in how well it holds up over time with practice sessions. Also, would you be so kind as to tell us if you used any particular 3d printing material to enhance the robustness or was it just generic stuff?

Very nice.