Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .30 Super

Default .30 Super

Interesting new cartridge from Federal……Shoots a 100 grain bullet at 1200 fps out of a S&W Shield with the advantage being two extra rounds…..Not sure if it will catch on or how available it will be but for those who like to carry the most ammo in the smallest package this may be a winner…….Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7En54WQGvH4

Seems to me that due to the lousy timing of its release, it was designed to fail. I hope Federal isn’t financially damaged over this.

It may be a perfectly good cartridge, but it’s like offering a better lifeboat to the passengers of the Titanic, after it hit the iceberg.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

It’ll be all the rage when Brandon bans 9mm.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

That’s a thought and if President Pudding Head gets his wish and there is a 10 round max magazine capacity law passed then a .30 super 10 round pistol would be a great little carry piece and would also make Justin Moon look like a genius for not jumping on the high cap micro gun craze…..

When I first read about the 30 Super I thought it was a solution to a non-existent problem. Now with Brandon saying that he wants to ban 9mms, I agree it may be ahead of it's time.

But, and I digress, but a 2010 Ford Escape was used to terrorize, kill and injure people at the Christmas Parade in Waukesha, WI. It is obviously a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist weapon, so we should talk about banning 2010 Ford Escapes also. Just my $0.02. And it makes as much sense.

Exactly! If they allow victims families to sue gun manufacturers because their product worked as advertised and was used by an insane person to kill someone then all is lost which is so unfair because if an 18 year old rap star walked into a Dodge dealership and pays cash for a 700 horsepower Hellcat Challenger then goes out and kills himself or an innocent family driving 130 mph on a city street there is no way anyone could sue Chrysler because they sold a race car which performed as advertised to an 18 year old……What’s the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    When I first read about the 30 Super I thought it was a solution to a non-existent problem. Now with Brandon saying that he wants to ban 9mms, I agree it may be ahead of it's time.

But, and I digress, but a 2010 Ford Escape was used to terrorize, kill and injure people at the Christmas Parade in Waukesha, WI. It is obviously a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist weapon, so we should talk about banning 2010 Ford Escapes also. Just my $0.02. And it makes as much sense.
    The city I was born in..................never thought I'd see the day.

What the heck is up with Wisconsin? There's been a lot of violence north of the Cheddar Curtain.

I don't consider myself to be a Cheddar Head since the wifey and I can't have dairy......................Wisconsin is having the same issues as everyone else. Meth is a big issue because there is so much by product crime connected to it. Lots of road rage shootings lately. Just seems like people are more pissed off these days. One problem here is that a good portion of crime is done by juveniles. They have detention facilities but there aren't nearly enough of them. A juvenile commits a crime, they are supposed to spend 6 months in the facility, and they end up getting out in a week or less to make room for the more violent offenders. When they realize that they only have to spend a week watching tv and eating bologna sandwiches, they're not deterred. They get to visit with buddies and have a good ole time. I know this because I know someone whose son was taking advantage of this very thing. Happens all the time. Liberal judges don't help much. Kid comes in, gives them a sob story, and he's out in a week robbing someone, or jacking a car, or burglarizing someone's home. Been a problem for ages.

Yeah, we have similar issues here. But they want us to think the only thing important is that the Sheriff just moved his personal residence to the next county, which is supposed to be a violation of the city charter. So while lawyers huddled and decided he was busted, he submitted his retirement announcement. But all the juvenile violence, it's like no one cares about it any more. Sure, a few groups like Mad Dads stands around and goes "tut tut," but nothing changes.