Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: One P380 left

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I bought a PM40 for $425 abpit 6 months ago and considered it a screaming deal. Not so sure. Kahr prices seem to be dropping.

I ordered the P380 yesterday from Shoot Straight to be picked up at their local store. It's due in Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
    I ordered the P380 yesterday from Shoot Straight to be picked up at their local store. It's due in Friday.
    Bravo! Congrats!!! Know you are going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
    48 left

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    48 left
    Make that 47 thanks to you. You just had to go and wiggle that last bit into my face.

Yep, could not afford it. But sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do. Heck, I was planning on getting another one anyway. And I was also planning on buying more mags for the present one I have. Plus these are NOT throw away 380's, they are built to last a lifetime. The New P380 will also give me a Lifetime warranty. Now 3 Pico's 2 Kahr 380's 3 Pico's, 2 Nano's. 2 Kahr CM9's.
    I do not need another gun for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post

I do not need another gun for the rest of my life.
    Famous last words. I have a safe full of the last guns I’d ever need. I think i started saying that at gun number 2. LOL!
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Famous last words. I have a safe full of the last guns I’d ever need. I think i started saying that at gun number 2. LOL!
    This time, I mean it.
    Last edited by King Rat; 03-17-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    This time, I mean it.

By the way, anyone know what the Black finish is.
    Good luck with the "I mean it" thing. I meant it too, and I suffer from the same affliction as yqtszhj. We even "help" each other with it...

The black finish is DLC - stands for diamond like coating. Good stuff. Very durable - google it.

PM9 and P380 (2).jpg

Range Report New P380 lubricant Ballistol--- Out door Range totally Empty-had it all to myself
    200 RDs Flawless

*One failure, shooter error when toward the end, I shot one handed OFF Hand. First rd. Limp wristed. Some thing I have to work on with the off hand. I am blaming this on the shooter, not the gun.
    *90% of all rounds fired were rapid fire.

Put the P380 in the normal Incubation period of 48 hrs with silde pulled back to let the recoil spring take a" SET".
    Then next step was to rack the slide for 200 rds. I notice that the pistol felt dirty and knew someone had at least fired the gun before sending. And he had a gritty feel. But left it that way, I wanted the grit to help wear in the gun.
    Took the gun down and it was very dirty.
    Cleaned the gun. Almost put it into a sonic cleaner, but decided not to.
    Then raced the slide again for 200 rds.
    Then took a Dowel and moved the Striker spring up and release over and over.

Left new mags at home, they need some polishing. The mags pictured are broken in mags with two of the having the Magguts.

First up was 25 rds of PrecisionOne Plus P XTP (my favorite ammo) Flawless
    Then a mixture of Remington, and American Eagle Flawless. Another 25 rds of PrecisionOne standard FMJ

Man, I need to start reloading again. Will have plenty of time for it now.

Came home and another box of 500 rds of 380 was sitting on the porch just hot of the press.

Finished up shooting the LCR22 to a staked rubber target on the 50 yds Bern. One of my favorite pastimes. Man I love that 22.cal and such a great way to get DAO trigger time.
    Last edited by King Rat; 03-27-2020 at 08:12 PM.