Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K40 ammo

The 40 isn’t going anywhere. Use to be that when there were ammo shortages that the 40 was available. This time the 9 and 40 were equally hard to find. It is the game that the industry plays. I tested my K9 and my K40, both with extended ported barrels using Underwood ammo with the same hollow point boolits. Because i am a woodworker and I have a lot of baltic burch plywood cut off’s, I have the perfect balistic plywood test. Layers of 1/2 inch baltic burch plywood squares. The 9 can in no way come close to the 40 that makes a bigger hole and at least 1 to1-1/2 more pieces that it penetrates thru. At our range the police train and test to qualify. They bring out a car and shoot it up. The 9 bounces off the windshield at least half of the time. The 40 almost never does. i carry a K40 and an ankel holstered PM9 and two extra mags for the K40. It’s a different world out there. It is a time to be ready to defend your family and loved ones. I hope these days will end, but I am going to stay armed, trained, and ready. pray for our nation. If Biden would win, it would be the end of our country as we know it. Have plenty of ammo and be ready to defend our 2nd amendment to the constitution.

The 9mm lovers will never accept the fact that the .40 is a more lethal round. They use gel, clothes, etc. to prove their point, but in real world situations, the .40 almost always outperforms. I'll say it for the zillienth time. Bigger bullet, bigger hole. The only reason that 9mm is more popular is because the shooters have a hard enough time handling 9mm much less the .40. I'll keep my .40 cals. thanks...............................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The only reason that 9mm is more popular is because the shooters have a hard enough time handling 9mm much less the .40. I'll keep my .40 cals. thanks...............................
    Greater magazine capacity, as well. Having said that (I love saying "having said that") I like the 357SIG better than anything.

The only reason that 9mm is more popular is because the shooters have a hard enough time handling 9mm much less the .40. I'll keep my .40 cals. thanks...............................
    I thought about this for a minute. When I was qualifying for my cc license the young lady next to me was qualifying with a .22. Afterwards, I spoke with her so on why the small calibre defensive arm. He explained that when he attempted to instruct her on defensive shooting skills with his fotay Glock she would start crying and run and hide in the car. She couldn't handle it. He bought her a tip up Beretta . She qualified easily with the 22, grouping all her shots on the silhouette's crotch.

I would not mess with this young lady.

I qualified with a .380.................would I carry one, no, but it sure made qualifying easier............................................ .If that's all the young lady could handle, I guess that's that. It's just me, but if any woman I was associated with started crying and running to the car, I would seriously think about getting her some pepper spray or a slingshot. Forget about a gun. She's not even close to ready to deal with any type of firearm.

I qualified with a .380.................would I carry one, no, but it sure made qualifying easier............................................ .If that's all the young lady could handle, I guess that's that. It's just me, but if any woman I was associated with started crying and running to the car, I would seriously think about getting her some pepper spray or a slingshot. Forget about a gun. She's not even close to ready to deal with any type of firearm.
    's

It is impossible to disagree with any points you made. I would disarm this young lady ( actually not so young anymore-this was almost twenty years ago! Yikes!) immediately. I also have a seceret list of others I would like disarmed, I'm sure we all do.

When I practice with my carry gun, a Ruger 380 lcp2, I must endure more free recoil than any other handgun I own. It hurts and is not fun. The gun almost pops out of my arthritic hand. Very difficult to control. Easy to conceal and carry. I would like to practice even more but it is too excruciating. Tylenol helps me.