Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Kind of slow here

Back to the ship................as many times as it takes.

It's going back tomorrow! I just spent most of the day either cleaning the gun, loading ammunition for it (both cast and jacketed), or going to the range (twice) to shoot it. Exactly the same stinking issue, whether cast or jacketed (HND XTP's) loads. Single action seems to be flawless .... double action 10-20% light strikes. Today, I did start out by marking a single cylinder for an index mark to see if there was any particular relationship to a certain cylinder. In both trips, there was one specific cylinder (double action) that was always a culprit - and a couple of times another.

As good as this gun shoots in my hand, and as much as I've really taken a liking to 44 spl, I believe it's time for this particular copy to disappear. Just got back from seeing my ffl buddy and he has the same opinion. He's going to call them first thing in the morning and start out by pushing for a new replacement. Either way, I'm not wasting any more of my little stash of "components" on it.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Fingers crossed for you, hope they get it running or a new replacement that runs as it should.
    You got me hankering for another Bulldog Pug like I had in an earlier life, another one I should have never sold. It shot great and never gave me any problems.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, if this had been a Ruger, built on an SP-101 frame that fit my grubby hand, I'd doubt I'd had made any internet posts concerning 44 spl. No doubt, I would have already shot at least 600 or 700 rounds through it in the last couple of months, just tweaking loads to get whatever I could get from them.

It's all good though, I ain't dead, yet!

jd

well, as of this morning the CA Bulldog 44 spl is gone, and as much as I was enjoying loading and shooting 44 spl, that brass is going to be boxed up and stashed back for better times. So, it's time to get back to my old faithfuls - 44 mag, 357 mag, 45 auto and 30-30 win. I load for a few others, but those four calibers I just listed all get shot at least once a month in the weekly rotation.

I still haven't intentionally bought any factory centerfire since 2010. I lost count a year or so ago but at that time it was over 15k rounds squeezed out on a Lee Breech Lock Hand Press, and I'm more than satisfied with my system. I no longer shoot in volume during any single range trip (can't afford the ammo budget-if I could find it), but I do make at least 1 range trip a week - year round.

There! I'm old, I'm cranky and I'm set in my ways. Now, get off my lawn!

jd

Gone... as in back to the MotherShip, or banished to the Island of Misfit Firearms?

Oddly enough, my single .44 I owned... a Ruger Flattop .44SPC... went away as well. I really liked the pistol, and the .44SPC was fun to load for, in much the same manner as loading .41 or .45... but the pistol had so many problems I just couldn't go on with another Problem Child. Really a shame... it was a nice pistol.

Yep .... gone for good. After three months and 300-400 rounds with no joy, I had enough. The gun felt good, was accurate (when it didn't light strike) and I really fell in love with .44spl.

Having gone through a few other similar disappointments over the years, I learned to just dump them for whatever money I could get and spend it on something "non gun related". Seems like whenever I traded a clunker, or used the proceeds from the sale of a clunker on another gun, it too became an unwanted "item". In one ordeal in 2008, I went through three transactions before I finally took what little money I could get from the last one of the chain and spent the money on beer. I figured as long as I was already pissing my money away trying to put lipstick on a pig (low quality guns), I might as well take that money and piss it away for real.