Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kind of slow here

We must be twins, we're both same age as my Camaro was.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm pretty sure we grew up together and went to school together ... at different places

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Did you go to the school where we walked 7 miles through the deep snow, across 3 rivers up hill both ways?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I’m back to my addiction of shooting 45acp. Been on a 45 loading spree lately. Ran the BUL 38 super UR all year. Not much of a challenge shooting indoors with it so back to 45 and open sights. I’m loading Acme 200 SWC, Acme 230 coated, precision delta 230 fmj, brass monkey 230 coated and power bond 230 plated. Using WST with great results. The Acme SWC are very accurate, I’m very impressed with the groups at 50 yards through the JRC carbine. Off a sand bag, consistently shooting three inch groups to point of aim. WST at 4.8 g is magic. WST at 4.6g is just as accurate but point of impact is two inch high at one o’clock.

The brass monkey coated is very consistent but POI is four inches left at eleven o‘clock with my current zero. Acme and precision delta 230 impact the same. Power bond 230 impact three inches high at twelve o’clock.

At pistol distance 10 yards, the POI is the same but the groups are tighter. Over the years I generally load Berry’s plated so my heaters are zeroed for those. Like most things lately, the cost of components has skyrocketed so I’m using more coated bullets. Just need to find what works for me. A bummer having to load test when one has the magic recipe in use for so long.
    Last edited by DJK11; 01-07-2022 at 07:21 AM.

"A bummer having to load test when one has the magic recipe in use for so long"

True

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!