Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of slow here

We must be twins, we're both same age as my Camaro was.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm pretty sure we grew up together and went to school together ... at different places

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Did you go to the school where we walked 7 miles through the deep snow, across 3 rivers up hill both ways?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I’m back to my addiction of shooting 45acp. Been on a 45 loading spree lately. Ran the BUL 38 super UR all year. Not much of a challenge shooting indoors with it so back to 45 and open sights. I’m loading Acme 200 SWC, Acme 230 coated, precision delta 230 fmj, brass monkey 230 coated and power bond 230 plated. Using WST with great results. The Acme SWC are very accurate, I’m very impressed with the groups at 50 yards through the JRC carbine. Off a sand bag, consistently shooting three inch groups to point of aim. WST at 4.8 g is magic. WST at 4.6g is just as accurate but point of impact is two inch high at one o’clock.

The brass monkey coated is very consistent but POI is four inches left at eleven o‘clock with my current zero. Acme and precision delta 230 impact the same. Power bond 230 impact three inches high at twelve o’clock.

At pistol distance 10 yards, the POI is the same but the groups are tighter. Over the years I generally load Berry’s plated so my heaters are zeroed for those. Like most things lately, the cost of components has skyrocketed so I’m using more coated bullets. Just need to find what works for me. A bummer having to load test when one has the magic recipe in use for so long.
    Last edited by DJK11; 01-07-2022 at 06:21 AM.

"A bummer having to load test when one has the magic recipe in use for so long"

True

jd

Just keeping the thread alive .... I still loaded another box of 44 spl, even though I sent the CA Bulldog back to the mothership again .. for second time. Hope it comes back proper this time as I've become quite a fan of 44 spl

jd

Well, CA still has the Bulldog 44 spl and no word from them ... but in the mean time I got a 750 count batch of 200 gr lswc, pre-lubed, bullets from RimRock and have given them all the usual extra tumble lube with my mix of Lee Liquid Alox and Mineral Spirits. If the CA Bulldog don't want to work out, I'll just load and shoot them in magnum brass in the Rossi R92. At least I still have a couple thousand large pistol primers left to work with - for now ...

jd

oh, for a side note, as a derelict semi-dain bramaged deplorable, I accept any/all donations of primers (small pistol, large pistol and large rifle)

JD, you need to try to find one of those Lipsey's Ruger Flattop .44SPC's they had out a few years ago. Not a big single-action guy, but I really liked that pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie98 View Post
    JD, you need to try to find one of those Lipsey's Ruger Flattop .44SPC's they had out a few years ago. Not a big single-action guy, but I really liked that pistol.
    Yeah, I have toyed with the idea of single actions for several years, and if my current budget could stand it there would be at least 4-5 particular BlackHawks in the house. Unfortunately for those of us with "digitally challenged" hands (short fingers) there just aren't a whole lot of handguns that fit, and as (bad) luck would have it that CA Bulldog was the first DA/SA revolver in 44 spl I ever picked up that fit perfect. The idea was to be able to carry it as a field gun during snake season if I had to do without my trusty Ruger SP-101 (.357). It's a crying shame that Ruger never built a small(er) framed revolver, like the SP-101, in 44 spl ... even if they did it just for me. And as for single action in general, I really don't care for it myself since I try to keep all my handguns capable of properly being suited for some type of daily carry purposes. I prefer having the ability to get off faster (relatively speaking) follow-up shots.

jd

Guess I'm an outcast, I'd take a single action revolver any day of the week. I won't own a revolver that doesn't have a hammer. If it has a hammer I cock it every time. I had a couple 44 mag Super Blackhawks I used to always carry hunting when I was walking. Also have a S&W 29. Sweet gun, excellent trigger but it never went hunting. Actually feel bad, haven't hardly shot it, and no rounds in probably 15 years. I hate myself.

I guess the one draw back to the single action is the slow loading but we do what we must.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan