Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of slow here

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    Speaking of .45 auto, I've been on a kick the last couple of months using AA#2. Been thinking about giving it a try for the last 7-8 years and finally got around to it. Cast bullets, 200-230 gr, with 5.3 - 5.4 gr of AA#2 has turned out to be a real winner.
    Hey, what a coincidence! I took some test loads to the range the other day with plated 230s over Accurate No.2 in the 5 to 5.5 grain range, and they shot great! I'm going to load some poly-coated 200s I have with a similar charge, too, and see what happens. Softball loads are just enough nicer to shoot than hardball, at the range, that I like loading them best.

Well I’m done pulling the lever for a short time. Tired of inspecting all those finished rounds. Plus I’m down to about 1.5K of Berry’s. I need to have some in reserves to test different powders I’ve been considering. With the ranges closed I’ll be sitting on them for awhile. Maybe I’ll get desperate and take the two hour drive to private land and launch a few hundred.

I'm available if you need a partner to go along, ......wait...Michigan, that's a far piece. I guess I'm out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna is Clint Smith’s place near you? I have some of his videos and it would be great to take some classes. The governator here just extended the statewide lock down for another month. I’m down to firing the air soft pistol. It’s actually very accurate at 30’. Anyway, another month of lockdown I may drive to your neck of the woods. Plus the weather is screwy, 72 yesterday and snow flurries right now with high winds. But I’m getting my stimulus and unemployment checks tomorrow. Yippee!!!

I don't recollect right now where Clint is, I think Idaho? I'm in Washington so he's not close to me. I did meet Clint and his wife Heidi one time, she actually went to school with one of the Detectives at my old department, pretty cool.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thunder Ranch is in Lakeview, OR

Never been to the west coast but it’s on the schedule. I have an invite to Berry’s in St. George, UT so I may head west and just continue on to the coast.

Just looked up Lakeview it's about the middle of Oregon and right on the California border, about as far from me as you can get in Oregon. Don't that figure, at least it isn't in California.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by bulwnkl View Post
    Hey, what a coincidence! I took some test loads to the range the other day with plated 230s over Accurate No.2 in the 5 to 5.5 grain range, and they shot great! I'm going to load some poly-coated 200s I have with a similar charge, too, and see what happens. Softball loads are just enough nicer to shoot than hardball, at the range, that I like loading them best.
    I've been wanting to try AA#2 in 45 for a while but haven't been able to find it locally. I have good luck using Bullseye and Clays, but BE is pretty dirty and Clays doesn't meter as well as I'd like. I use AA#5 & #7 in other calibers and love how it meters so I assume AA#2 should meter the same, or does it?

I use AA#9, AA#7, AA#5 and within the last 2-3 months I've gotten fond of AA#2 in the .45 auto. I still keep A2400 and Unique handy, but other than 2-3 rifle powders to feed the 30-30 (when I'm not using Unique or AA#7 with cast boolits), I'm pretty satisfied with the AA pistol powders.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I’m fond of WST under a 200 swc or a 230 rnhb Berry’s. Soft recoil, quiet and the ejected cases are cool to the touch.