Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: CM9 Break in period

Default CM9 Break in period

Whats everyone think of using Aguila ammo for breaking a new CM9 in and would you use 115grain or 124 grain to do it?

It isn’t going to make a bit of difference. Clean it, Lube it correctly and shoot it. When I took my CM9 to the range for break-in, I was using some old Portuguese military surplus FMJ rounds . Shot those great, but it took a few magazines before it worked reliably with my more mild cast bullet reloads. That was 2013. These days the little gun functions flawlessly with my reloads, milsurp, and every commercial brand I’ve tried.

I agree to a point. I've no experience with Aguila, for some reason the name just turns me off.
    That being said Kahrs like relatively full power loads especially in the early stages. I used Blazer Aluminum.
    None of mine have required much break in, guess I was lucky. I always shoot several hundred before it goes in the carry rotation but all mine had no boggles. I could sling shot from day one, no worries.

Hopefully you'll have the same luck.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

so what you are saying is to use the 124 grain load over the 115? I use the 124 in my M&P all the time.

I don’t know if it mattered but I used 124 grain brass cased to break mine in and had zero malfunctions.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If it were me I'd keep them both the same. I'd lean towards the 124 anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."