CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got to stay away from gun shows

I keep going back and forth on 1911's. I just have never warmed up to them. They are so cool though.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Sold my last one, an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, because nobody in my immediate family has an appreciation for a hard to field strip $2000+ gun and when I tip over, it would have been left very lonely.
    Miss it from time to time but plenty of others that are much more user friendly to play with that will go to a good home someday.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I forget if it was a Wilson or Kim Pro, but I once had an occifer sized mag that fit 8 in it. Had one of those rubber baby buggy bumpers on the bottom, so semi-flush, but not exactly. Sold it with the gun I got it with, but wish I had kept it. Have not found once since, hence the X-Grip.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I keep going back and forth on 1911's. I just have never warmed up to them. They are so cool though.
    I'll be wearing a 1911 when they nail the lid shut, can't decide which one but think I got a little time to make a choice.
    I personally can't hardly see carrying anything else. John Moses got it right over a 100 years ago and it's still perfect.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's officer sized frame and it still holds 8 rounds with a flush magazine?
    Yeah it holds an easy 8 and almost 9 (9 goes half way in), of course as Greg stated it is a 9mm not a .45.

Saw some 8 round Sig 9mm 1911 compact mags with 6 witness holes that state they hold 8 and look just like mine so I bet they are the same as Ruger mags (and only 20 bucks.)
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Oh heck, that didn't compute 9mm. Makes perfect sense now. The commander I was looking at was also 9 so not sure why I wasn't getting it. Guess when I see 1911, I see 45..................duh.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If you want 9 or 10 round magazines for Officer size 9mm pistols, Wilson Combat makes some. I have their 500-9C9 9 round mags which shoot fine in my Dan Wesson ECO. I think I bought them when they had just been introduced and they had a slight problem. Once loaded, it was difficult to manually unload the top 2 or 3 rounds by pushing cartridges forward and it was necessary to raise the nosed-dived tips with a screwdriver. I fixed this by beveling the front of the mag which the bullets would strike and it works now. They are longer than the previous Wilson 8 round mags by about 3/16". They are longer than the GI style 8 round mags that came with the pistol by about 3/8". On their website, wilsoncombat.com, they refer to Officers model pistols as "compact".

Very nice!