Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smitten with NAA .22lr

In one of our last get-togethers at the range, my buddy tried to shoot his Berreta knockoff tilt barrel semi-auto... Taurus? He had over 50% of his ammo fail. I think that convinced him to switch to centerfire pistols when his life was at stake.
    I switched to .380 when the P380 came out because I had several failures with .22LR as carry ammo, even CCI Stingers.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I picked it up today. LGS had to order it; it came in last week but I was traveling for work and couldn't pick it up until today. Cute little fella. I'll get some pictures soon. Might get to the range with it next week, I'm looking forward to shooting it. I don't think it will ever be an EDC gun for me. Might just run some birdshot thru it and see if it would have a good life as a snake charmer. Along with standard 22lr of course.

Photos or it didn't happen

I carry shot shells in my 45. I haven't had to use them as a snake charmer, but I'm guessing they would do just fine.

Seriously, congrats on the NAA .22

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

If I was in your neck of the woods or more accurately desert, I'd have shot shells in my 45 too.
    In fact been meaning to get me some but never get around to it, gonna track some down right now.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks, Greg. Here it is.

I wear an XL glove for reference.

Wait, maybe this is a better reference. CW40

They are cute little buggers aren't they?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When I take mine to the range, I've had other shooters who saw it laying on the bench ask me if it's some kind of toy. I've always considered mine to be a last-ditch effort to get someone off me once things got to arm's length and my life or the life of another was in peril.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

I carry shot shells in my 45. I haven't had to use them as a snake charmer, but I'm guessing they would do just fine.

Regards,
    Greg

I've had a batch of .45 auto shot shells for several years that were given to me. In my day job life I always carry shot shells in my .38 or .357 revolvers - during "the season", and used to carry .22 revolvers for that duty. Never had a problem with a revolver in 45 years of shot shells with them, but never considered trying them in a semi-auto. Always figured there wouldn't be near enough back pressure to cycle the slide - and especially with my old Kimber Stainless Compact with a 20 lb spring. Dang, you got me wondering enough to poke a couple of rounds in it and give it a try in the back yard.

jd

edit to add: well, I'll be danged, I've had those two boxes of CCI .45 auto shot shells for ten years! Two rounds cycled perfectly. Never would have believed it. I'd doubt the .45 auto will replace my revolvers for my day job, but it's great to finally know I have more options available. Thanks Mr. Gregg!

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I just about hit the button on a couple online orders for 45 shotshells until I noticed that the shipping cost is more than a 10 pack of the shells. Shipping stayed the same if I got two boxes but still. Shipping these days is crazy.
    I'll keep an eye out locally. We don't have no poison snakes or nothing on my side of the mountains. Be handy for rats and mice on occasion but I generally grab a 22 if I got time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Cute addition. My only .22mag “carry gun” is a High Standard derringer.
    It sits in the safe door, loaded with CCI snake shot. I have not found a “shoot-worthy” snake on my property in more than ten years... but it stands ready!

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!