Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smitten with NAA .22lr

Ken, NAA still has the belt buckle to carry these .22 LR Minis in their catalog @ $65. Check it out in the Accessories for that model.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thanks, Greg. Nice videos. I wasn't sure those shot shells would cycle, but it looks like there is plenty of recoil for the Kahr. I got rid of some like that and a box of 20 Remington ones that were probably over 35 years old when I sold them. I never tried the .45 ACP, but used to carry some when I lived in Texas and carried revolvers... .38/.357 or .44/.44 Mag. i don't think I ever shot any snakes with the shot, but did get a few with a S&W 66 using JHP.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

A local shop had an add for an NAA called "Dude". Don't know if it's a new thing or what but it's kind of cool looking. Color Case Hardened barrel and nice wood grips. I think they said this one was 22 mag.
    No idea how much, they always say call for details. Just tossin it out there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Ken, NAA still has the belt buckle to carry these .22 LR Minis in their catalog @ $65. Check it out in the Accessories for that model.
    I was looking at those. I get to Provo, Utah every 6 weeks, which is where NAA is located. I was just there last week, but there was a snowstorm and I didn't have enough spare time to stop at their location, which also has a store. My intention is to stop and "drift around aimlessly" for a while. Should be an interesting stop.

I've always wanted to stop at the Browning Museum in Ogden, UT also but never have. Funny how work gets in the way of fun. I've been going to Utah for a week every 6 weeks for almost 10 years and haven't visited the Browning Museum. I know, it's something I need to correct soon.

The NAA .22 Magnum was the first handgun I ever bought. I bought it the day I turned 21. My then-college roommate (who later flunked out of college altogether) said "oh wow, you turn 21 next week? LET'S GET YOU DRUNK!" I replied "no thanks. I'll celebrate by buying my first handgun."

I carried that thing in the pocket holster from NAA for let me see, about 16 years. Often as primary and later as backup. I have the holster that came with it, the pocket holster, and the ankle holster (never used). My pocket holster was made wrong, so if you put the hammer down into the between-chamber slots, the cylinder would rotate and the hammer would come to rest on a cartridge base (primer). So I would carry it hammer-down on an empty chamber, giving me only 4 shots.

I called it the "loud knife" since that's basically what it was....you had to touch someone to hit them. It was on me when I faced down two would-be robbers in 2005. One of the reasons I did not draw was the fear they'd laugh at it, forcing me to shoot. Fortunately, body language and me losing my temper forced their retreat.

It's a cute little gun and whenever I take it to the range, everybody that sees it begs to shoot it.

I no longer carry it, as it doesn't meet my "nothing smaller than .38 SPL/9mm Parabellum" rule.