Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Range Gun

Default Kahr Range Gun

I shoot a S&W M&P 9mm for a range gun but after getting the CM9 I really have got the urge for a Kahr for a range gun also. I have read many reviews on the the CT's and the ST's but what is everyone's opinion about the two lines?

The CT9 is nice and holds a couple more rounds and has a full grip. The CW9 is not bad either.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I like the S9 for my EDC and range gun. The rail lets me mount the MantisX for range analysis. I imagine the ST9 is just as nice with a bit longer barrel.

TP45 after dumping the first mag you won’t put it down

Quote Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
    I shoot a S&W M&P 9mm for a range gun but after getting the CM9 I really have got the urge for a Kahr for a range gun also. I have read many reviews on the the CT's and the ST's...
    My advice -- skip over those and get a Kahr T9 if you really want the sweetest shooting Kahr range gun ever!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I agree with Old No 7 but add that it makes a fine carry gun as well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If I got a Kahr just for the range it would definitely be a T9. The K9 is great for a range gun too, but I think the fuller size grip of the T9 would be even better.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

IMO, the K and T series fills my hands better and feels better at the range than the plastic versions. A close second for me is the 45 variants... I actually prefer to shoot my CW45 at the range to my K9 (mostly because where my trigger finger naturally rests with the Kahr 45's), but the K9 feels a hair better in hand. I also have a T40, but prefer the M2.0 40 at the range.

If you want it to be dual purpose carry and range, some other things to consider are holster availability and grip options. One of my grilled for the C series is the limited sight options if I want to use the same sight system as my other non Kahr firearms.

I picked up mt CT9 yesterday and just got back from the range, went through 250 rounds using only one magazine and i feel it even with a loader. It ran good I used PMC, Blazer brass, Winchester Nato all 124 grains and it didnt flinch a bit as to what i fed it. Took me a bit to figure out where it shoot it seemed to just want to keep dumping the mags in one small area. I put up a second B27 at the end just to make sure I was hitting where I thought they were due to the ragged holes and put two mags center mass and two in the head. I love this thin and can't explain why it just feels good in my hand( it will have a Talon on it soon). The trigger is or seems better than my CM9 much lighter. My trigger pull gauge shot craps and a new one should be here today so I can check both of them out and them I will install the MCarbo spring kit in the CM9 and recheck it. It reminds me of a 1911 on a diet as far as feel goes.

Well, at least you got a Kahr!

Good luck with it.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH