Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM9 Trigger

Default CM9 Trigger

I'm an old wheel gun guy at heart and when I shoot my Smiths I will pull the trigger and stop it right before it breaks, but I have never done that with an auto. Since the little CM9 and the rest are DAO I thought I just wonder so I set and dry fired it and listened and felt how it feels as you pull it. I discovered that there are two distinct clicks that are made before the hammer breaks but if you can control it you have the ability to get a nice crisp break when it fires. I know how can you do that at a range when guns are going bag, well I don't know but the one I go to which is a local indoor range it,s not always crowded in the afternoon and most of the time you have it to yourself. Yep Wednesday is range day and after work I will be stopping by to play with the Kahr some more and this time I will have four mags and my loader will not be left at home. By the way I just placed an order for two more magazines, but they go to the CT that I ordered along with them

Quote Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
    I'm an old wheel gun guy at heart and when I shoot my Smiths I will pull the trigger and stop it right before it breaks, but I have never done that with an auto. Since the little CM9 and the rest are DAO I thought I just wonder so I set and dry fired it and listened and felt how it feels as you pull it. I discovered that there are two distinct clicks that are made before the hammer breaks but if you can control it you have the ability to get a nice crisp break when it fires. I know how can you do that at a range when guns are going bag, well I don't know but the one I go to which is a local indoor range it,s not always crowded in the afternoon and most of the time you have it to yourself. Yep Wednesday is range day and after work I will be stopping by to play with the Kahr some more and this time I will have four mags and my loader will not be left at home. By the way I just placed an order for two more magazines, but they go to the CT that I ordered along with them
    Perhaps this is specific to your CM9, as I just checked the Kahrs I had handy (P380, P40C, PM9, & CW9) and none had any distinct clicks as the trigger is pulled through on them. They all are pretty much silent until the striker releases.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've never had much luck staging the trigger on my Kahrs. I do better if I just do a clean pull through and let the break surprise me. Course if I hit what I'm aiming at, that's a nice surprise too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

thats what i was thinking myself, i just recorded it using my phone and its there, it's not easy to pick up all the time though. But you are correct just a smooth steady pull and follow through is what you want. I sometimes get bored and think too much lol.

I installed my M*Carbo spring kit in my CM9 tonight and it dropped the trigger pull from 5 1/2 pounds down to 3 pounds 9 ounces, and it seems smoother also. Will go to the range next week to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
    I installed my M*Carbo spring kit in my CM9 tonight and it dropped the trigger pull from 5 1/2 pounds down to 3 pounds 9 ounces, and it seems smoother also. Will go to the range next week to try it out.
    Please let me know how this works out.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I also put the M*Carbo spring kit in my CM9. I like it real well. Definitely worth the money (to me). My CM9 is my EDC gun.
    In my range drills I spend most of my time shooting at a blank piece of paper, either 8x11 or 11x17 at anywhere from 3-10 yds.
    Getting the front sight on the target as quickly as possible and putting at least one round in the paper. FAST. Anywhere on the paper is fine.
    I will also spend some time taking aim and ( as my old DI used to say): "squeeze off a well aimed shot".
    When doing that, I am able to "stage" the triggerand feel the break. When shooting fast...I'm just pulling through for each shot. I have also installed the Galloway flat trigger in my pistol and will add their sear kit when it becomes available.

Default CM9 Trigger

Thanks guido.

I installed the MCarbo set in my P9 last night. It makes a very noticeable difference. Hope to get it to the range for testing soon.

5 trigger pull average of 3 lb 10 ounces.

If it goes well in the P9 I will install it in my CM9.
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-07-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Default CM9 Trigger

Took the P9 with MCarbo set to the range today. I also put the MCarbo set in my CT380 and that came along too. While I had them apart I did a thorough cleaning of the striker channel and the extractor tunnel. With about 700 rounds through the CT380, the extractor tunnel was really dirty.

At home, both pistols passed the pencil test.

At the range, both pistols were flawless.

In the P9, 45 rounds of Blazer Brass 124g and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124g. In the CT380, 25 rounds of Blazer 95g and 10 rounds of Lehigh Xtreme Defense. Everything fed, fired and ejected as it should. With a trigger pull of 3/10 in the P9 and 3/13 in the CT380, accuracy improved and follow up shots were quicker.

While there I also fired 35 rounds through my P365. Man I like that pistol!!!