Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May pick up a 44 with 10" barrel -

That's great to know!

Everyone talks about Max loads.

Do you have a 10 inch barrel or 6?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Many years ago (15+ years probably) on some Desert Eagle forum I asked "how low can you load a 50AE and still run the gun ok"... only the crickets chirped. I don't think I got an actual response from anyone... I enjoy power for demonstration sometimes, but I don't care for max everything all the time either.

MrBlackCat

MrBlackCat, I posted my go-to load for my 50AE in the reloading section, but I use 22.7 grains Alliant 2400, behind the 325 grain Speer bullet. This comes out of my 6" barrel at 1114 fps, as chronographed over my Oehler Mod 33. This is a good shooting load, also. At 25 yards, off a rest, I can get clover leaf groups if I do my part. I have a Bushnell fixed 2 power scope on it, in Weigand rings. I use the factory add-on scope mount, the two piece aluminum one that clamps to the slots in the top of the barrel. The rings are the key to keeping a scope tight on the gun. This is as mild of a load that ive used, that still functions the gun 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhart View Post
    MrBlackCat, I posted my go-to load for my 50AE in the reloading section, but I use 22.7 grains Alliant 2400, behind the 325 grain Speer bullet. This comes out of my 6" barrel at 1114 fps, as chronographed over my Oehler Mod 33. This is a good shooting load, also. At 25 yards, off a rest, I can get clover leaf groups if I do my part. I have a Bushnell fixed 2 power scope on it, in Weigand rings. I use the factory add-on scope mount, the two piece aluminum one that clamps to the slots in the top of the barrel. The rings are the key to keeping a scope tight on the gun. This is as mild of a load that ive used, that still functions the gun 100%.
    LOL! A 325gr bullet... wow! That makes sense... that bullet getting up to speed is going to take a minute, so to speak. That should make for a nice long impulse for the gas system to fully function on.

I have to say, I have never seen a commercial loading with a 325, except maybe from Buffalo Bore. Sounds awesome though! The range of rounds I shoot in 44 mag is fascinating to me. I do shoot 300's often, but also shoot all the way down to PMC 180gr, which work fine also.

Thank you for the information. I have saved it for future reference, as I don't reload at this time.

MrBlackCat

My Eagle likes to eat 240gr bullets over 24.0gr of WW296 or H110.
    Accurate, reliable, and a huge flame!

Quote Originally Posted by texjack View Post
    My Eagle likes to eat 240gr bullets over 24.0gr of WW296 or H110.
    Accurate, reliable, and a huge flame!
    Oh yeah, H110 made my old 4" Highway Patrolman a flame thrower!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>