Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Kydex holster K9 fit in P9 perfectly?

Default Kydex holster K9 fit in P9 perfectly?

I know it would fit, but if the fit was very specific, i.e. on many Kydex holsters, are there any issues or mods that need to be done?

Similarly, will a CW40 fit fine in a Kydex holster for a CW9? Is the slight difference in width going to make any difference?

I use CrossBreed Minitucks for 9 through 45 in Kahrs. I bought my first Hybrid Kydex/horse-leather Mini Tuck for my PM9. It works for the P9, K9, P40, and PM45, and finally the P45. I use a sturdy Kydex-reinforced leather gun belt by Looper for carry and belt tightness is key to retention. The 45's did stretch the holster a bit, but the leather allows larger pistols while the Kydex grips the pistols. A Kydex holster won't give, so mods/heat are usually required.
    Length of the barrel/slide isn't a problem because the Mini Tucks are open, not closed on the bottom.
    My P380 rides in its own Mini Tuck, but I didn't get the horse hide for it, darn it.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I use CrossBreed Minitucks for 9 through 45 in Kahrs. I bought my first Hybrid Kydex/horse-leather Mini Tuck for my PM9. It works for the P9, K9, P40, and PM45, and finally the P45. I use a sturdy Kydex-reinforced leather gun belt by Looper for carry and belt tightness is key to retention. The 45's did stretch the holster a bit, but the leather allows larger pistols while the Kydex grips the pistols. A Kydex holster won't give, so mods/heat are usually required.
    Length of the barrel/slide isn't a problem because the Mini Tucks are open, not closed on the bottom.
    My P380 rides in its own Mini Tuck, but I didn't get the horse hide for it, darn it.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I am looking for full kydex for this application. I know some hybrids and my current leather holster for the K9 will fit other models.

To be more specific, I am looking for an appendix IWB with a wing/claw AND high quality metal clips or belt loops for the K9. A mag attachment would be nice but not 100% necessary. I can find a few Kydex holsters online that meet SOME of these criteria, but NOT ALL. My go-to Kydex manufacturer is Vedder (they seem to carry a good selection of Kydex Kahr holsters), but they don't list one for the K9. They have a few for the P9 though, which is why I was asking. Additionally, the specific holster I'm looking at can be worn at appendix and 4 o'clock, so I have multiple options after angling the belt clip.

Appendix is not my preferred location, but it is necessary for me at some times. I am not looking for advice on the disadvantages or dangers of appendix carry.

I'm not sure that I know what type of holster you are describing, but try Reign Tactical. The Wraith holster, or another they have may be what you're looking for.

Or Garrett, I've been wearing their Silent Thunder almost exclusively for my beloved 1911, PM45 and K9.
    And leather lined Kydex is the cats back side. Quiet, gentle on the gun finish and rock solid. Glove fit too, great retention.
    I don't get a commission from them, maybe I should see about that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've no personal experience with these folks, but, sans the magazine attachment, they offer what you are looking for:
    https://tacticalmeasure.com/products...-back-holsters
    https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/pro...-aiwb-holster/ (edit: sorry, just saw that you were looking for full kydex)
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thank you, all, for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'm not sure that I know what type of holster you are describing, but try Reign Tactical. The Wraith holster, or another they have may be what you're looking for.
    They don't offer the Wraith holster for Kahrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Or Garrett, I've been wearing their Silent Thunder almost exclusively for my beloved 1911, PM45 and K9.
    And leather lined Kydex is the cats back side. Quiet, gentle on the gun finish and rock solid. Glove fit too, great retention.
    I don't get a commission from them, maybe I should see about that.
    I'm not seeing any claw type addition, something that I've noticed makes a significant difference for me... even at the 4 o'clock position.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I've no personal experience with these folks, but, sans the magazine attachment, they offer what you are looking for:
    https://tacticalmeasure.com/products...-back-holsters
    https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/pro...-aiwb-holster/ (edit: sorry, just saw that you were looking for full kydex)
    I bookmarked your links, thank you. I wonder how the leather works with the claw (stiffness). I'm not sold on some leather holsters for retention (some of mine are better than others). The Kydex holster link seems to have almost everything I am looking for plus a wedge (currently using a shoe insert for that part). Thank you. I will be looking into this more in the future after I test the newer MagGuts replacements at the range. Currently the CW45 is my EDC of choice (winter), so it might be awhile.

I use Cook's kydex for my kydex carry needs........................................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I use Cook's kydex for my kydex carry needs........................................
    Bookmarked! Thank you.