Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus TX22

Two more TX owners came into our range today. One was 1-1/2 years old and the other just a week. We tried a few rounds of assorted range ammo and all went well. On a standard 50' slowfire bullseye target at 30', the Taurus shoots side by side with my Ruger 22/45 with a full Volguartsen frame. That lower alone was $100 more than the TX cost.http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Week old seem a little young to take out shooting if you ask me. I'm good with the 1 1/2 year old, that seems about right.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Week old seem a little young to take out shooting if you ask me. I'm good with the 1 1/2 year old, that seems about right.
    Lol! Took me a moment and a scroll up to catch that!

OK, I won't even edit so this harassment can continue.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

What ?????
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Love shooting the small barrel 22.cals. And one of the most fun and reliable is believe it or not the Phoenix HPA 22.cal. Little suckers run like champs. Love standard velocity ammo. Have been shooting these two for 10 years. Very nice sights, and trigger. A little heavy but feels great in the hand. I do not always agree with GUNTEST mag, but when they compared some 22'cal they said, We did not expect much from a gun that cost $140. but when it shot better than guns costing 4 times as much, it got our attention. And a A rating. I cold not agree more. I paid $85.00 for my first one. Bought it on a whim when my shooting range had a special. Buy any gun, get a year free rental. Later bought a second one and friends and I shoot informal contest.

I also love shooting the LCR22.Actually one of the most fun guns I own.

If I find one of those Phoenix for $85 I’ll definitely jump on it! As a side note, shot my Walther P22 today. About 80-90 rounds. Zero hiccups. Shot Remington Golden and some Stingers. What a difference in report between the two!

The LGS here has one of those Phoenix 22’s for $110, in the consignment case. All black.

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Love shooting the small barrel 22.cals. And one of the most fun and reliable is believe it or not the Phoenix HPA 22.cal. Little suckers run like champs. Love standard velocity ammo. ........
    Before I bought mine, I did a bit of research on the HP22A and found quite a bit of discussion in regards to cracked frames. It seemed to me that most of the discussion marked this up to the use of high velocity ammo. As Phoenix Arms states that the gun was "designed for standard velocity target ammunition", I've only run standard velocity in mine and have not had any issues (I've had it for quite some time). I have both barrel lengths, but have to adjust the sights when swapping between them so I hardly ever swap them out.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thank you for the insight!

-Wlf