Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

OK, the Kimber Officer's Mag arrived today.
    I slightly enlarged the top of the mag catch slot until the mag stayed in place.
    I then slightly reduced the sides of the top of the mag until the slide traveled freely and picked up dummy rounds from the mag.
    After trying to manipulate the metal follower lips of the Kimber mag, I put in the follower from one of my P45 mags.
    Although I haven't shot it yet, dummy rounds seem to feed and eject and lock back after last is gone.
    The mag only holds 6 instead of the 7 that it should and I might try to address that with spring alteration.
    First I want to take it out to the range this weekend if the monsoon stops and check firing function.
    As the photo below shows, the bottom of the 1911 mag has a slightly different angle than the bottom of the P45, but it's close to flush.
    I ordered a couple P45 followers and one for a P9 mag, as I have an officers 9mm 1911 mag on order to try the same process with my new P9.
    Fingers crossed!

Kahr P45 with Kimber Mag.jpg

Kimber Officer's mag, as I altered it, worked fine today as a 6 rounder. Next step I guess, is to mess with the spring and see if I can get 7 rounds in, although that might not be possible using the Kahr follower.

I apologize if that's been addressed, but I simply haven't had time to go through 12+ years of this thread.

My grandson now has my old CW9, so as reported I bought an S9 (on that $268 sale) to replace it.
    Of course it comes with two factory mags with the plastic magazine base plates, plus I ordered three more factory 7 rounders with the same plastic bases. All five are extremely difficult to snap in the pistol properly.
    Ordered two metal base plate sets from Kahr and just put them on, and the mags are easy to snap in place.
    $40 including shipping is quite a racket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Armybrat; 08-03-2023 at 05:48 PM.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

To get the other magazines to fit, just sand a very small bit from the bottom of the mag well on the S9. Works wonders for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    To get the other magazines to fit, just sand a very small bit from the bottom of the mag well on the S9. Works wonders for mine.
    Yes, that’s the plan.
    My thumbs are a bit sore after dealing with the springs on those two mags though, even with a paper clip stuck through the last hole to keep it in place.
    Didn’t launch anything.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling