Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

This is a very helpful and timely thread. I just bought a CW45, and blanch at the prospect of paying $40 for an OEM Kahr mag.

mbogo

Midway has the mags and spring/follower kits back in stock. I got the stuff to make 3 more mags for $74.00 delivered. Not a bad deal for a flush fit +1 magazine. Now I will have a few to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo View Post
    This is a very helpful and timely thread. I just bought a CW45, and blanch at the prospect of paying $40 for an OEM Kahr mag.

mbogo
    Welcome to the forums mbogo
    Regards,
    Greg

Interesting side note. I got my stuff from Midway today and two of the three Wilson mag rebuild kits were doubled with 2 springs and two followers in each bag. The third kit just had one spring and follower. I love Midway. Always a surprise and most of the time it's in your favor and if it's not, they will make it right.

I got the MetalForm Mags and the wilson follower and spring kit. I was able to get them working right (7 rounds with lockup) until replaced my slide stop spring with a new one from Kahr. I think the new one is just tight enough to hold the follower down. I'm able to get it working about 50% of the time now after messing around with the screw holding down the spring. I'm hoping after I get some shots through the gun with the new spring it will loosen up.
    So if your having issues with your slide locking back you might try adjusting the tension on the spring. I'm a big fan of the flush fit mag with an extra round. Great Trick!

Default Checkmate Kits

Hey guys,

I tried the mag upgrade with the Wilson kit and slide lock would happen maybe 50% of the time. I got a heavier spring that seemed to increase lock occurrences but that cut my total rounds down to 6 due to more spring taking up space. I started messing around with other components I had laying around and found that the 7 round officers Metalform mags (and Chip McCormick stainless 7 round officers mags) along with Checkmate follower/spring kit 10017 ($12.17 each) works like a charm. If I have an empty mag inserted in the gun it is extremly hard to release the slide with your thumb - big time spring pressure - and have not had one failure to lock. I have three McCormick mags done and I have another 3 Checkmate kits coming in for the Metalforms.

P.S. - I only had to do the standard grinding off a little metal on the top of the mag, didn't have to mess with the mag locking slot at all.

jgullock,
    Welcome to the forums
    Excellent first post, thanks for the info on the Checkmate kit!
    If possible, would you please post a photo of the Checkmate follower?
    Regards,
    Greg

Here you go:

PS - Dumb me didn't realize I could embed from that link.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Welcome to the forums mbogo
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks,
    Greg

Well, I just modified four KimPro Officer's mags in 15 minutes, including polishing the edges(Thank God for Dremel tools ).

Mags fit (without having to modify the mag latch notches), and the slide locks back on an empty mag.

Function testing is next.

mbogo