Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by rkammer View Post
    Thanks. Went to their site and found that a follower and spring will cost $23 + shipping. Kind of strong. So, with the cost of an Officers 1911 magazine running $10 to $15, the final cost to make a 6 round flush fit magazine will run almost as much as buying a new one from Kahr.

What I'm thinking is to just buy an entire new Kahr magazine and just swap out the follower and spring from the officer's mag. That way, at least I'll have two usable magazines for $50 instead of only one for about $35. One would lock back and the other wouldn't.
    That's pretty much what I did. In my case the Officer's mag I bought was a seven round by Metalform; so after swapping parts, I ended up with a flush six round mag and a seven round spare.
    Regards,
    Greg

The flush fit mag is the best tip I have found on the internet in a long time.

Default Another possibility, maybe?

I've been following this and other threads dealing with flush fit mags for the CW45 and have just modified two of the current production MetalForm mags and added the Wilson Spring and follower kit to try to achieve lock-up. The mags work fine but, will still not lock open after the last round.

I realize that if I install the Kahr spring and follower to these mags that the slide will lock back but, the mags will only hold 6 rounds.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone tried removing material from the feet of the Kahr magazine to see if 7 round capacity can be achieved? And, if the Kahr spring is actually the reason for the the loss of the 7th round, has anyone tried to mix the Wilson Spring with the Kahr follower?

I would try it but, have just mailed my Kahr magazine back to the factory for a replacement under warranty because it split at the back (another problem that has been discussed here).

I just don't see all the extra work for 1 extra round. I'd rather carry 2 extra magazines and practice magazine changes. Worrying about reliability of a magazine just isn't worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinac84 View Post
    I just don't see all the extra work for 1 extra round. I'd rather carry 2 extra magazines and practice magazine changes. Worrying about reliability of a magazine just isn't worth it to me.
    Perhaps you overlooked the primary reason for this effort and all the talk over the past few months. Although the 7th round is a bonus, the primary reason for this mod is to achieve a flush fitting magazine for slightly better concealment. The bulky Kahr magazine base is disliked by many.

Much of the banter has been in trying to achieve slide lock back AND the 7th round together.

I don't like the thick plastic floorplate on my CW45 mag either. Wonder why Kahr is being so obtuse about it?

My PM9 would look ugly with one...

Default Range Report on my modded Metalform mags

I finally got a chance to take the two officer 1911 mags I modded for my CW45 to the range today. I had installed the Wilson kit with replacement springs and plastic followers in both.

The bottom line is that they both functioned 100% using my reloads with 200gr LSWC bullets and even better, they both locked back after the 8th (7 +1) round. So, at least in my case, the project is a success. I hope it works out for others as well.
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Quote Originally Posted by rkammer View Post
    I finally got a chance to take the two officer 1911 mags I modded for my CW45 to the range today. I had installed the Wilson kit with replacement springs and plastic followers in both.

The bottom line is that they both functioned 100% using my reloads with 200gr LSWC bullets and even better, they both locked back after the 8th (7 +1) round. So, at least in my case, the project is a success. I hope it works out for others as well.
    Excellent report Ray, thanks for sharing your results with the Wilson kit.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I don't like the thick plastic floorplate on my CW45 mag either. Wonder why Kahr is being so obtuse about it?

My PM9 would look ugly with one...

Maybe it is there for you to have something to grab onto to pull the stuck mag out! :001_tt2:
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Maybe it is there for you to have something to grab onto to pull the stuck mag out! :001_tt2:
    That CW mag drops free every time I push the release button!